Time To Unlearn Some Bad Habits

I've been in the kitchen so much I've started wearing an apron

Thanks Adam's! I havent opened mine up for a while. I may need to crack it back open (load it, since I only have the kindle version) and read some next week. I enjoyed it the first time, and still open it up a little bit to look at methods.

Other than the Bible, what other instruction books do you really need?

Attachments

• 166D576E-F793-473A-A3D6-FA2C9EE1AEE3.jpg
    166D576E-F793-473A-A3D6-FA2C9EE1AEE3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 421
I was over come with my studies. Had a brisket ready to go. Trimmed and slathered with Texas Pete. All rubbed up with Oakridge Black Ops And A dusting of Carne Crosta. Looking for a good bark. I was pretty aggressive trimming the point left about 1/4” on flat, maybe 3/8”. Overnight in coldest section of beer fridge. fridge. Hope to start the fire at 0500. If I don’t make it that early I have no problem forgiving myself. B&B Oak lump with a three wood blend of hickory, post oak and a kiss of mesquite. I’ll have all that laid out and chimney loaded ready to light cube. Tiernan SOB gets the call.

Last edited:
Adams, from what you have posted, you have no bad habits. You work every corner and surface of the box.

Perhaps you can teach Franklin a thing or two.:-D

WT 101 is my house Bourbon, usually keep at least 3 to 4 different Bourbons or Ryes but 101 is always in the liquor cabinet. Cheers!!!

I'm still waiting on the Adams Cookbook (a pictorial history of bbq greatness)

Laughing. It would definitely be a picture (or coloring)book as I’ve never taken notes. I attended a funeral a while back and needed some new clothes. I found a manaquin and asked the clerk/ is he dressed for a wedding or a funeral? The clerk said either one. I said- make me look like that. On the day of the funeral I wore wranglers and boots.

I cook the same way

Laughing. It would definitely be a picture (or coloring)book as I’ve never taken notes. I attended a funeral a while back and needed some new clothes. I found a manaquin and asked the clerk/ is he dressed for a wedding or a funeral? The clerk said either one. I said- make me look like that. On the day of the funeral I wore wranglers and boots.

I cook the same way

I can feel that. When my wife asks me to recreate some meal I have prepaired in the past she is pretty much out of luck unless its brisket, Tri-Tip, spare ribs or pulled pork. Other than that its just what I throw together.

0458- get up start coffee, start a fire. You’re late.

Leave me alone.

Talking to myself in my sleep. That’s a double

Super Worm Moon moon set sunrise brisket-with a kiss of mesquite

Last edited:
I'm about to read the book again, 1st time was about a year ago, think I finished it in 3 evenings.

0458- get up start coffee, start a fire. You’re late.

Leave me alone.

Talking to myself in my sleep. That’s a double

Super Worm Moon moon set sunrise brisket-with a kiss of mesquite
Looks like you're off to a great day.

Back