"Ribs!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through August 13th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Our New Throwdown Category is...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Ribs"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
c620330b83b70da758093613ffc6829d.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This was SirPorkaLot's entry in the 2017 Pork Back Ribs Master Throwdown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As chosen by Ron_L for winning the "Potato" Throwdown.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Ron_L said:
It’s been a while since we’ve had a ribs TD! Any type of rib (even country style, but they really aren’t ribs) would qualify.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/27 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/13/18.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 8/13/18[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Perfect! I'm doing baby backs this weekend...maybe I'll finally enter one of these. Although now I've probably jinxed myself, and I'll botch the cook!

Rib throwdown entry.

Cooking 8 racks of spare ribs that i trimmed into St. Louis style. Lets see if this new rib rack and the old Big Joe can pull off some tasty treats. Im using Costco big bag Southern Style Cowboy lump charcoal and some seasoned hickory. Slathered the ribs in my Siracha and Yellow mustard blend. Rubbed with my own rib rub recipe with hot mexican chili power, red pepper, black pepper, smoked paprika, kosher salt, brown suger, garlic powder, and onion powder. Ill be finishing them with my own cooked hybrid Carolina vinegar/tomato sauce.

Attachments

• IMAG0560.jpg
    IMAG0560.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 358
The description says "any type of rib"... And I hadn't planned on entering a throwdown but I did these today. Please accept this as my entry. If you feel it goes against the spirit of the TD please disregard it.

94bN2zLl.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

This Throwdown is barely 5 days old and we have 6 entries already. Looks like a distinct possibility the poll is going to be a big one!

And all three types of pork ribs, plus beef. Maybe Titch will do some lamb ribs to round things out? And GTR will have goat ribs this weekend.

Back