MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
bigbeef24
Full Fledged Farker

Default Ten Bucks

Im working with a catering company that is going to have me do their BBQ and was wondering if charging $10 lbs was too low? Any feedback will be helpful. Its just for the BBQ, no buns, sides or sauce.

Thanks,
Bigbeef24

Big Pappa UDS
bigbeef24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

what are you cooking for BBQ. If they are providing the meat, and you are providing the cooking service, you are okay at $10 per pound. If you are providing the meat as well, do less per pound but, plus market rate for meat. For instance, if pork butts are $3 a pound and you charge $7 a pound for cooking, then $10 a pound total, but, if it's chicken, you might be paying $5 a pound, then $12 a poind for meat.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Mark Warren
is one Smokin' Farker

This is not exactly helpful to you but as reference maybe. I smoke a lot of meat and fish for Friends in the area that hunt and fish. I don't take money I take half of whatever it is I smoke for them. I have too many every year that want my services even at that exchange rate that I turn away more than I get. I just don't have that many Freezers LMAO.
Mark Warren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
bigbeef24
Full Fledged Farker

Im providing the meat (Pork). I paid $1.29 lbs for the butt.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Bourbon Barrel BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Drew

$10 is about average for around here for pulled pork. Raw butts are about that price too. Do you have to pull it or do you just have to hand over cooked butts?

Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
bigbeef24
Full Fledged Farker

Im pulling it. Ill come visit your BBQ place in a couple of weeks, my friend is from your area.