MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #181
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
Board doesn't have a quorum, can't conduct any business.
How so? The Bylaws set the number of seats at 12, with a minimum of 9 and a max of 15 and a quorum being 2/3s of the board. My math says they need 8 for a quorum, which they have if all current members are present.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #182
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

If they brought in a new CEO to clean things up and then fired him 6 months in, that concerns me more than the current state of the board.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #183
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

I certainly hope Heath isn't gone, as he has been great in terms of responsiveness and transparency (as much as is appropriate) based on my multiple interactions with him.

#KeepHeathDitchCarolyn

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #184
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
How so? The Bylaws set the number of seats at 12, with a minimum of 9 and a max of 15 and a quorum being 2/3s of the board. My math says they need 8 for a quorum, which they have if all current members are present.
I thought the quorum number was 9 hence the urgency.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #185
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
I thought the quorum number was 9 hence the urgency.
The bylaws set the minimum number of directors at 9, which I believe is why the special election is necessary. The bylaws set the quorum as being 2/3 of the board which the bylaws have established is 12 directors. That creates a quorum of 8. As I read it.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #186
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

FWIW, Heath is listed on the roll call for tonight's meeting. They are going into closed session for employee reviews, though, so I suppose it could be dealt with then? I hope not.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:29 AM   #187
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Pretty sad voter turnout.
Total Number of Eligible Voters
Voter Turnout
13.36%
I can't help but wonder how many of the 17877 did not even know to vote.
22" Weber
Weber Summit SS natural gas
QN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 AM   #188
Jorge

I'd be more concerned about the number of eligible voters.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 07-02-2019, 09:15 AM   #189
rob g
Full Fledged Farker

KCBS sent me multiple emails reminding me to vote. The number of eligible voters or the question how many knew I think is irrelevant. In my opinion most people don't care enough to vote. How the organization is being run really doesn't affect them enough to light a fire under their butts and get them to voice their opinions.
rob g is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #190
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob g View Post
KCBS sent me multiple emails reminding me to vote. The number of eligible voters or the question how many knew I think is irrelevant. In my opinion most people don't care enough to vote. How the organization is being run really doesn't affect them enough to light a fire under their butts and get them to voice their opinions.
I agree. We have to realize that the vast majority of these members are judges who judge a couple times a year, and are only members to remain CBJs. They aren't invested enough to really care to vote, or who to vote for.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #191
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_kc View Post
I agree. We have to realize that the vast majority of these members are judges who judge a couple times a year, and are only members to remain CBJs. They aren't invested enough to really care to vote, or who to vote for.
Yep, and somewhere around %75 of judges only judge 2 or less comps a year. But we had to have an outrage over the scoring average seating going away so we can factor an average of scores of 2 contests a year.........

Old 07-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #192
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

I have also heard rumors that the CEO has already been fired. If it's true, that's pretty ****ty. He hasn't been there long enough to even gauge his performance. And even if it was sub par, we seem to be fine with hiring sub par marketing companies.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #193
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tduffy View Post
I have also heard rumors that the CEO has already been fired. If it's true, that's pretty ****ty. He hasn't been there long enough to even gauge his performance. And even if it was sub par, we seem to be fine with hiring sub par marketing companies.
Agreed. Like I stated yesterday, if this is true, I'm more worried about that than only having 8 people on the BOD

Old 07-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #194
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_kc View Post
To make sure everyone gets tarred and feathered equally....;)

Take a look at the level of participation from cooks, who I agree arguably have more skin in the game.

https://mms.kcbs.us/news_archive_hea...=KCBA#21363905

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 07-02-2019, 01:34 PM   #195
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

I HEREBY DEMAND A RE-VOTE

It's clear that the Russians were involved, and the results cannot be relied upon

Page 4 shows "VI" (virgin islands ???) has only 1 member, yet there were 2 voters recorded. I refuse to accept any possible explanation that a family membership will be recorded as 1 member, yet each individual under the family membership has the right to vote.

Vive La Revolucion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
kcbs