First wings

PsychoSid

Reaction score
Ok, been a while since I have posted, but thought first attempt at wings should be shared.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 189
BBQ baked Crunchy Chicken Wings

Love them herbed wings!

Try these: The breading is made from the ends of loaves of all kinds of breads, assorted crackers, potato & corn (snack) chips. Add some "spices" and grind to consistency of fine sand in cuisinart. The trick is to LIGHTLY coat, NOT liberally coat with the crumbs. Don't dredge in flour or moisten with anything. Just wash the wings, past dry, toss in bag (kinda like ShakeN-bake) crumbs and VIOLA!

We here like to eat the crispy "tips". The wings stay on long enough to crunch all the way thru. Cooked at 350° for 1.5 hours (starts cold, ramped to temp in 20 minutes). Try it,

Last edited:
Nice picture. How about sharing the details, too?

Spur of the moment to pick up wings so had to use kickin chicken herb since did not have anything else. I ran 22.5 new wsm right at 250 for 2 hours, then to 325 for last thirty minutes. I cooked at local bbq competition/vending event and threw away a bunch of leg quarters because nobody wanted chicken. I'm cooking wings all weekend this year. With the amount of beer sold during event I may have to fill the Lang up with wings to keep up.
What chicken rub do most of you use?
Wife got on me for cooking too many, but only had 5 left to take to work the next day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 83
I like the plowboys jerk or the good ol yardbird.

Last edited:
Back