SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

I have no idea who I am playing for mateys, I have 3 TD's under me belt but the Vets sailed without me so...:confused:

Indochickennasigoreng1.jpg

With 3 TDs and an entry that looks that good makes it clear to me you're a Farkanaut! :clap:

The entries are getting better and better as the fight rages on. It's time to put on my drinking cap :mod:, I mean thinking cap and start planning more elaborate responses.

You mean the Nazi's are in this battle too?:shock::grin:

Bucc, that is some seriously good looking grub!!! Can you elaborate on the rice a bit. Looks like it has some kick and serious flavor to it! I'd hit that! I think you are on the Veteran side, but that's just me!:mrgreen:

Bob
Thank you Bob, thanks muchly!!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Traditionally there is a dish cooked in coconut milk and spices Bob, but it is too heavy and unhealthy for us to eat it too often so I worked out a healthier version of it.
The flavours are chili, turmeric, cilantro seeds and cumin (ground and toasted) trasi/belacan/ stinky shrimp paste (essential )
garlic and shallots.
You steam rice and refrigerate it till cold and dry.
Heat a wok, oil it, add a half cup of coconut milk and spices and onions and cook, when everything is aromatic you stir the rice through and add what you want, in this case home made pork belly and ham, bok choy, egg, scallion, shrimp and salt it to taste.

Thank you Bob, thanks muchly!!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Traditionally there is a dish cooked in coconut milk and spices Bob, but it is too heavy and unhealthy for us to eat it too often so I worked out a healthier version of it.
The flavours are chili, turmeric, cilantro seeds and cumin (ground and toasted) trasi/belacan/ stinky shrimp paste (essential )
garlic and shallots.
You steam rice and refrigerate it till cold and dry.
Heat a wok, oil it, add a half cup of coconut milk and spices and onions and cook, when everything is aromatic you stir the rice through and add what you want, in this case home made pork belly and ham, bok choy, egg, scallion, shrimp and salt it to taste.

That sounds REALLY good! Thanks, Bucc!

Bob

A Farkanauts Official Entry

Please accept this as an official throwdown entry on behalf of the Veteran Farkanauts.

I was awakened from slumber Sunday by the constant barrage of fire coming from the ever-persistent Noobians. It was time to prepare a "response" so I filled my Rizzardi cup with some coffee and fired up a chimney to light the fuse on my SS-2 as my weapon of choice this day:

IMG_2499.jpg

The munitions included a couple of pork butts and a choice packer brisket. Here they are locked & loaded:

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Captain Moose has given the order, Open Fire!

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

Added a little green stuff & some tomatoes from my parents garden to cleanse the gunpowder residue:
IMG_2555.jpg

Fleet Admiral Bigabyte - Please select one of the last 3 pics for the TD vote. Admiral's choice!

^^^ I think I just heard a Noobian ship crash and burn...........:shock:

Dayuum that looks GOOD!!!!

Bob

^^^^ That's below the waterline John!!!
Wow.

Hey, can someone advice me on a money shot from mine, I realize I haven't nominated one.
I guess the egg on top shot?

Lads, the battle has been joined in full and we have entered Neptune's Inferno (a great book BTW if your a fan of WWII naval history). We have given better than we've got, but it appears that the battle has been joined in full by the Frakanauts.

Steel your resolve and plan your attacks with great precision and wild abandon. We have lost good men (moving is a b!#ch) but new soldiers will join us on the 'morrow.

A call to battle will be sent to all Noobians throught the Brethren Nation and the Farkanauts will be crushed under the weight of the Noobian Horde!

Clean fires and thick rings to all of my Noobian Brethren! Long live the FNA!

Every time I visit this td, I try to think of something crazy to smoke. I figure the crazier the more votes right? Haha

The bait in place

I believe I just heard a Noobian announce "battleship sunk" after this hit ...

Now that the hook has been properly baited, it is time to bait some more hooks and let the Vets keep nibbling on them...so we can set the hook like never before. Keep luring them in

Noobian Master hook setter

I have to say the vets are coming on strong but I am planning an extended family cook for Sept. 1st that is going to end this whole thing:hail:. the true A-Bomb will be used. if any member of the FNA doesn't own a pair of welding goggles I would advise you to go to the post's commencary to purchase....

Stay tooned.

Back