Enchiladas Verdes Con Pollo, we deliver

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Our friends called and wanted to have us over for dinner but I was already making enchiladas. No problem, we deliver on request. :becky:
Here are most of the ingredients for the Verde sauce.

And now on the kamado for a nice roasting.

When everything is done I skin

and seed the jalapenos.

They go into the blender with everything else for a spin with the juice of one lime and one lemon.

Now I take 2 chicken breasts I cooked up for my 6th of July party.

and shred (in this case I chopped) them and add 1/2 diced onion and 1 cup of crumbled Queso Fresco.

Poured some of the sauce in the bottom of your baking vessel and some in a bowl to dip the corn tortillas in.

Heat up your tortillas, dip them in sauce and divide equal amounts (I used 3 tablespoons each) of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll up.

Once full cover with cheese

Now place it in the kamado (at 325) for 20 minutes.

And it’s done. Now I covered with foil and we drove this over to our friend’s house for dinner.

Here is the plated shot taken with my phone camera.

Good stuff! :becky:

It's so hard to find good delivery place!

That looks great!

I'd like a pan delivered at 8:00 central, please :thumb:

Are they free if not delivered in 30 minutes or less? I'd hit an order! Looking good. Don't know if you garden, but if you ever get some green tomatoes, try em in place of the tomatillos! Great stuff! You can roast em too.

Love your cooks DH. That looks outstanding. I literally drooled.

Looks great. Enchiladas verde con pollo are favorites around here. I do cheat a little bit though. I make a medium brown roux and add the blender contents to it. It really richens up the flavor of the sauce. Not authentic but really tasty... :)

Those enchiladas look awesome! I grew some tomatillos in the garden two years ago, and made a big batch of salsa verde just like you did-roasted everything on a wood fire. My only other addition was several cloves of garlic. Problem was that it was devoured in one night by the family and company. Love the stuff. I have to try enchiladas on the OTG next time! Thanks for making me hungry :smile:

It's so hard to find good delivery place!

That looks great!

I'd like a pan delivered at 8:00 central, please :thumb:
Sorry I'm just now getting to respond to some of these post. (Life was happening and needing some attending to)

Give me your Name and address and I'll send you the recipe! :laugh:

Last edited:
Back