Enchiladas Verde con Pollo – The Sequel Part 7

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Where the hell has DerHusker been? :confused: You may or may not have been asking yourself this question but even if you haven’t, the answer is here. Every year starting in October I get busy doing an animated Christmas light display synced to music :crazy: and that consumes many many hours of my days. Add to that my work has exploded and I’m as busy there as I’ve ever been and finally we take care of my 92 year old MIL who has Alzheimer’s. Add all these things up and something had to give and that something was cooking. So I’ve been away from cooking and this site for quite a while and just to prove that I’m not dead I’m finally posting another cook. This is one of our favorite things to make.

I noticed a vacuum packed package of some BBQ chicken in the freezer drawer.

This was from this cook: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233061

I also had all the ingredients for some Verde Enchilada Sauce.

I took most of this out to the kamado and roasted them and then put everything in the blender for a spin.

I added some canned enchilada sauce to this. I then pulled the chicken and added some diced onion and some queso fresca to it. I set up my work area

and rolled up a dozen enchiladas and then poured some more sauce on the top.

I covered them with some Mexican 4 cheese blend and took them out to the 375 degree kamado.

Here they are after 15 minutes.

Here are 2 plated up with some homemade Mexican rice, some spicy pickled carrots, some frijoles and a Negra Modelo.

Muy Bueno!

Outstanding!! Talent, pure talent.

Beautiful plate, don't think I could have waited to get a plated pic let alone three.

I knew where you've been. That time of year. :becky: Way to come back Jeff. Killer as always.

That's a beautiful plate of goodness, Jeff! Glad to see you back, you were missed!

Thank you everyone. It feels good to get a cook under my belt even if it was using leftovers. :tape:

I just had lunch but I wouldn't mind a plate of that right now. Looks amazing, I can 'almost' smell it.

Back