custom rib rack

ironmanerik

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have a friend with a welder and some stainless rod willing to make me a rib rack. How much airspace between racks is needed? If anyone has a picture of something that works it would be appreciated.

scs6ZJy.jpg

I bought two sets of the Dave Klose racks 12 years ago. I've purchased them for several friends, and recommended them to countless people. Mine were $25 each but now I think they are $50.

I have a TIG welder and access to stainless rods myself..... But it's still cheaper in the long run to buy them. I would utilize your welder friend to build some other gadgets.

Pdg5aGW.jpg

DNnmvpf.jpg

Use your stainless rods and your welder friend to make another grate or two for additional ribs. Most grates have adequate space for additional grates if you remove the standard rib racks.

Third eye, I had envisioned an airspace between racks, do you notice a difference in quality with the ribs touching?

Third eye, I had envisioned an airspace between racks, do you notice a difference in quality with the ribs touching?

If you have the room in your smoker...., the more (circulation) space you allow between ribs the better, but don't worry about any touch marks. What you make up for in quantity is worth a couple of touch marks. Dave's design is spot on, and that is why I endorse them.

Back