To buy or not to buy, that is the question

CajunSmoker

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was working in a town about 30 miles south of Monroe today and on my way to the jobsite I noticed a really nice looking trailer mounted stickburner sitting in a parking lot of a place that sells trailers. I thought about it all day at work and on the way home I pulled in to see if it was for sale or if it belonged to an employee. It was for sale. 30" pipe 84" long with double doors, pull out racks with a 4' tall 24x24 upright smoker with 3 pull out racks and 2 side mounted gas burners for fish cookers/crawfish pots etc. Also has 3 fold out prep tables, gas assist to light the logs and a steak griller on the firebox. All this mounted on a double axle trailer with a large spot on front to store wood.:cool:

I held my breath and went inside and asked the price.

$4000.00 said the saleslady:shock: and we have financing for 12 months with NO INTEREST!!!!!

So, now I'm trying to decide whether to ask permission tonight or beg forgiveness tomorrow.

...that would make a great gift to send to me on the next sauce trade.

I'm just throwin' it out there.

That's only $333.33 a month. Hmmm, where is this place? If you have a need for it, it sounds like a good deal.

Im always a fan of "Hey!! look what I bought".

Im always a fan of "Hey!! look what I bought".
Yep, kinda leanin that way too:rolleyes: or maybe a "Hey honey, look what followed me home":p

Bad thing is, while I was looking at it I was already thinking about mods:biggrin:

I am just glad it is 621.1 miles away ((mapquestmod)). However for the best input on this decision I think we should have pics.

I say buy it, she can't divorce you if all funds for attorney are depleted.

I am just glad it is 621.1 miles away ((mapquestmod)). However for the best input on this decision I think we should have pics.
Think this with single pull out shelves on the horizontal pipe and more room everywhere with dual axles.

me thinks thats a klose "family reunion"..

Seriously, how does one not sign the papers and hook it up? :eek:

But being reasonable, think longterm wants. Is that the smoker you want for $4000. If not, what is and how much does the smoker YOU want cost? Then weigh your options.

For me, if I could pay cash for it, she would just have to forgive me.

wouldn't she? At some point? maybe?

it looks alot like the family reunion model of daves. Except.. are you sure its a 30 inch pipe?

If the vertical is 24", it looks to be flush with the pipe.. which makes it also 24, which makes it even kloser to being a family reunion. :) Which i think runs over 4G without being on a trailer.

Go for it, my motto is, you can never have to many cookers. Interest free is hard to beat.

Rodger, it looks very clean and if Phil is correct, that is one heck of a deal!! Let us know what you decide....:eusa_clap

I just meant that picture as a reference. It's not a Klose. It is a custom made unit by the trailer manufacturer they do biz with. I didn't ask the name of the company. I've looked at a lot of units being made by folks in this area and the workmanship on this one looks top notch. I just need to make up my mind if a big stickburner is really what direction I want to go, I've been leaning toward a medium spicewine and I can do that at 1/2 the price:cool: Maybe I need to sell the wife on the stickburner and then compromise on a medium spicewine:icon_blush:

Back