Hello from SoCal

JMcRae

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Picked a pair of these up last weekend (one for a friend), had Krill oil in them. Should be able to get started this weekend.

Not sure if I need to burn out or not.

Attachments

• IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 37
Hello and welcome from Michigan! Lots of UDS guys on here that can steer you in the right direction. I'd throw this up over in Q-Talk and you'll get plenty of answers. I'd imagine you want to do something to get rid of the krill smell though lol.

Hello and welcome from Michigan! Lots of UDS guys on here that can steer you in the right direction. I'd throw this up over in Q-Talk and you'll get plenty of answers. I'd imagine you want to do something to get rid of the krill smell though lol.

Yeah, popped the lid last night - definitely ruined my taste for Sushi for a while :)

I'll use kitty litter to absorb whats still left in the drum, then wash out.

Welcome to the forum. I'd burn em.

Welcome aboard Jeff, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

I put a post in Q-Talk. Haven't built a UDS before, been playing with charcoal, stick burners and pellets "a while" :)

Mostly looking at how others have done their builds. Lots of different ideas on charcoal baskets, need to decide if I'll tack weld in the nipples or use conduit nuts, rack heights, different ways of hanging meats if I want to go that route.

Last edited:
Welcome!!
I see you picked up a chair as well.
A "must have" when smoking meat.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

FYI - anyone looking for stainless steel hardware - check out Orchard Supply Hardware. They're closing - got all of my SS hardware, all of my 3/4" black iron stuff for a little over $30

Well, my charcoal basket won't be winning any awards for beauty :)

And - the epoxy liner just laughed at the weed burner. Time to find a sandblasting shop near me

Attachments

• IMG_5877.jpg
    IMG_5877.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Ok, the good news - if you spend a lot of time with the weed burner on the OUTSIDE of the drum, the inner liner WILL flake away

The bad news - you go through a LOT of propane. Might still be less expensive to pick up a $30 sand blaster from Harbor Freight and 25lbs of media

Back