MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger
Default Looking for pics of latest Hunsaker Vortex Basket for WSM

Hey all, I've just moved to my own home, and am going to start getting serious again after a 6 year hiatus. I've already got the 22.5 WSM sitting here ready to go, but am wanting to so something to fix what I believe is a basket shape that is too wide and not tall enough. Plus I never plan on using water in my WSM.

I'm looking at the Hunsaker Vortex basket, but before I pull the trigger, I'd like to see pics of the latest incarnation of their WSM baskets. I can't seem to get a good pic of what the current variant looks like, and how they sit inside the cooker. I've seen versions with a separate metal ring on top of the basket, and some without the metal ring.

My concerns are the loss of distance between the coals and the cooking grates, and exactly which version of basket is available currently.

If anyone has pics of a recently purchased vortex basket, I'd appreciate it if you could post some pics.

Thanks.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote