Green Mtn. Daniel Boone Owners.........

no, you cannot. getting by with some grill marks is not the same as a real sear on a real hot grill. love my daniel boone but a searing machine it is not. use a kettle or something else meant to get hot for that.

My buddy got the Louisiana Pellet grill from Costco about 3 months ago. Claims he can sear. I haven’t personally seen it.

I found the technology for searing meats on a pellet grill:

sharpie-pens-pencils-markers-2003568-64_1000.jpg

2Q==

You CAN but............................ I prefer to use my kettle, chimney, or CI

You can use grill grates

As for my Davy Crockett (which I do love for a small convenience smoker) since it is the same manufacturer, the short answer is NO. Including the word grill and not calling pellet "grills" cookers or smokers is a bit of a joke. You can do high heat cooking, but that is not grilling.

no, you cannot. getting by with some grill marks is not the same as a real sear on a real hot grill. love my daniel boone but a searing machine it is not. use a kettle or something else meant to get hot for that.

Agreed. I smoke on my DB, then sear in a cast iron that I put on my Weber (It's the Spirit with the cast iron pan cut out)

I suppose if you shift the heat box so it's 2 zone...and/or use a cast iron griddle on hot side? ...Or remove box altogether and make a mess with steak directly over fire. Pellet ovens (at least my GMGDB) excel at long unattended cooks, not searing direct. I have made some hot and fast steaks with grill grates and they've turned out good. That Davy Crockett is a decent deal, and low risk investment.

As for my Davy Crockett (which I do love for a small convenience smoker) since it is the same manufacturer, the short answer is NO. Including the word grill and not calling pellet "grills" cookers or smokers is a bit of a joke. You can do high heat cooking, but that is not grilling.

Huh?

I use a DC in SCA comps and have gotten calls … it can definitely grill, but some pellet cookers can't.

ZIz0Oxrl.jpg

Back