MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:28 AM   #31
mike243
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I can grill a few steaks on mine at 1 time but dont want to run it wide open,have ran it up to 550 with no problems,grill marks mean nothing to me where as a even char is what i'm after.it's like making a rue,lite-dark its all good and you pick what you like,for more than 3 I will use the Weber performer or the Weber gasser if time is important,I put 4 country style ribs on my PB yesterday when I came in from work,seasoned on 1 side shut the lid for 10 minutes then came back flipped and done the 2nd side. 30-40 minutes latter they were done perfectly and no baby setting or waiting at 350,very versatile imo

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #32
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Plenty of heat to sear...

Have clocked it over 975 also

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #33
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
Plenty of heat to sear...

Have clocked it over 975 also

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The cookshack pellet grills have also been clocked at over 900*+ on the direct grill side without any improvising.
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #34
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
That is still high heat but not grilling, IMO. I can get the temp too, but it is still not truly direct heat like a grill. I have a kettle for that. :-)
With grill grates absorbing that high heat it is direct grilling … the majority of my heat is coming direct from those grates versus indirect from the ambient air temperature.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #35
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
With grill grates absorbing that high heat it is direct grilling … the majority of my heat is coming direct from those grates versus indirect from the ambient air temperature.
I wasn't basing it on any add-on equipment like the grill grates. I guess it depends on your definition of grilling too. The grill grate method is similar to cast iron but with marks. When I thin of grilling, I think of flame to meat at least at some point during the cook. Great thing is either way tastes excellent and I have no doubt yours taste fantastic.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #36
SmittyJonz

I Like Flame Kissed Steaks.......

Old 07-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #37
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
I Like Flame Kissed Steaks.......
That's the thing for me, too. I want just the hint of char on my beef that only the juices hitting the coals can give. That's why, to me, cooking a steak or a hamburger on a griddle or a CI pan is a waste of a good piece of meat. I eat fewer steaks and hamburgers because of that, though.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #38
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
A Weber kettle would be simpler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt at Both Endz View Post
Well, we are gonna do a little experiment this weekend. My daughter just stopped and got the trailer keys for the lake place. So far so good, but that 32yr old has never cooked on a kettle.

I did send her a bag of competition briquets, told her that would be easier than the lump that's down there. Told her how to use a chimney and lighter cubes, she's on her own.....

Smitty, I think I've figured out why pellet grills are getting popular.....dang rookies.
My faith in the younger generation has grown.

Nobody ended up with food poisoning, or they may have thought it was just part of a hangover.
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote