Texas BBQ Brethren Bash Spring 2018 Planning

This sounds awesome! Hopefully I can make it with the kiddo!
We're pretty much neighbors. We have the fall bash in Belton. Glad you are able to make it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:mod: 38 Days Till The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! :mod:

Shelly and I have settled in on what we are going to bring and cook at the Texas Bash. I will bring my Shirley this year loaded up with Pecan wood.
We have invited a few of our friends to join us and it would be great if you would do the same. The head count is looking good but we can do better!! I have added the ones who said they are attending to the Google sheet but did not sign up. If I missed you please let me know. I know some have had issues with the Google sheet on their phone. :loco:
If you are going to be attending the
2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash !!PLEASE!! be sure you have signed in on the Google sheet "Link" in my signature line below. This will give everyone an idea of how much to cook. Also who is bringing items to be cooked and needing rack space.

For those who this will be your first Bash you may want to bring some camp chairs and a cooler with your beverages. This is a State Park so a Yeti type of cup may be you best friend!!

And just a reminder, being a State Park, there is a $7.00 per adult fee to enter the Park if you do not have a yearly pass. (Exact cash is best)
If you want to camp, I would reserve your spot now!! They go quickly. I believe we have two camping at this time.

In about a week or so I will start a post over in Q-Talk so those that don't follow the Brethren Bash forum will have an opportunity to join us. And I will be posting an invite on a few Social Media BBQ (FB) sites.

Any questions just send me a PM, text or give me a call.
Nine Seven TWo -979-zero one eight seven. :mrgreen:
Hope to see you there!!

I signed you in, just let me know how many will be with you and are you bringing a cooker of any kind. :mrgreen:

Thanks! I was locked out from making changes for some reason.

Just myself for now, but possibly others as mentioned. No cooker, but I will be bringing meat of some kind. I will do the chili if you guys want, just need the notice.

:mod: 32 Days Till The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! :mod:

I will start a new post in Q Talk later tonight or tomorrow with an Invite to all of the Brethren and their friends to attend the Bash. I will have the location and details as in years past.
Also I will post invites to a few other Q forums and FB pages to see if we can increase the attendance and Brethren membership.

We have around 42 that are coming and about 15 maybe's. So let's get the word out!
Hope to see you at The Bash!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
:mod: 27 Days Till The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! :mod:

See the post in QTalk!
Link is in my Signature Line below. :mrgreen:

Looks like I'l probably be pre-cooking chili and bringing it. That brisket I cooked Sunday was HUGE. Does anyone have a propane burner I can use to warm it? I can bring a tank, I just don't have a burner.

Looks like I'l probably be pre-cooking chili and bringing it. That brisket I cooked Sunday was HUGE. Does anyone have a propane burner I can use to warm it? I can bring a tank, I just don't have a burner.

I've brought brisket chili before and warmed it in a crock pot but bet we can get you a propane burner (like a turkey fryer setup?)

I’m a brand new member, in fact, 2nd post. I live in Frisco and would be happy to bring a burner for you. I’ve got a regular and a homemade high powered Louisiana Burner I use to boil crawfish. I can bring both. I’ve also got a huge cast iron Dutch oven you can use to heat them up.

Last edited:
I’m a brand new member, in fact, 2nd post. I live in Frisco and would be happy to bring a burner for you. I’ve got a regular and a homemade high powered Louisiana Burner I use to boil crawfish. I can bring both. I’ve also got a huge cast iron Dutch oven you can use to heat them up.

That would be awesome! I'll get with you closer to the Bash to confirm. Thank you so much!

mod.gif
22 Days Till The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!
mod.gif

jbourqueb That's good of you to do so.
Please go ahead and sign in on the sign up sheet.
Let us know how many will be with you.
The link is in my signature line below.
Thanks! :mrgreen:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/member.php?u=97838

Back