• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brinkman Smoker

SmokinPaPa

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have a Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe smoker. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping the temperature regulated and how to get a good wood fire going in the fire box?

Use lump charcoal to maintain cooking temps and ad wood chunks for flavoring of your meats. Each cooker has different adjustments that are unique, I am sure that someone that owns one will chime in shortly. When you get it figured out make sure that you post pictures, remember no pics- it did not happen.

I have a Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe smoker. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping the temperature regulated and how to get a good wood fire going in the fire box?

I used one for years. The key for me was airflow. I used lump and chunks of wood for flavor. Make sure there is airflow under the grate in the fire box. Too little airflow or too much ash will snuff out the fire and make it harder to keep constant temps. Then with practice you will figure out how far to open the inflow door and the lid on the stack. By keeping the fire constant(adding fuel every 1 to 2 hours) also helps. I got pretty good at keeping mine right at 225. See if that helps.

My first job out out of college was doing sales & service for Brinkmann.

DMDon's suggestion is close to exactally what we told customers who called in asking for advise.

Use lump charcoal to maintain cooking temps and ad wood chunks for flavoring of your meats.

The key for me was airflow. I used lump and chunks of wood for flavor. Make sure there is airflow under the grate in the fire box. Too little airflow or too much ash will snuff out the fire and make it harder to keep constant temps. Then with practice you will figure out how far to open the inflow door and the lid on the stack. By keeping the fire constant(adding fuel every 1 to 2 hours) also helps. I got pretty good at keeping mine right at 225. See if that helps.

My second cooker was a Brinkman Smoke&Pit Pro... Very similar... Lump and chunks are the key as is 'Ash Control' were the key items... Another trick I used to use was to put an old blanket over the cooking area to help keep down the excess air flow and add some extra insulation...

Back