• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork in The Park

K-Train

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We're getting pretty excited about this weekend. Should be a good time. We'll be rolling in Friday morning. Would love to meet the other Brethren and put faces to names. We have a set up that's hard to miss. We have a smoker that looks like an old steam train and an old weber that looks like a big spider (if only we could cook as good as our equipment looks). Stop by and ask for Keith.

We're getting pretty excited about this weekend. Should be a good time. We'll be rolling in Friday morning. Would love to meet the other Brethren and put faces to names. We have a set up that's hard to miss. We have a smoker that looks like an old steam train and an old weber that looks like a big spider (if only we could cook as good as our equipment looks). Stop by and ask for Keith.

We won't be at this comp, but I can attest to the fact that the folks at Fat Maxine's are great people. We were neighbors at a comp last season (Smoketoberfest in Chambersburg). Good luck Keith!

^^^^^^Stop by when judging is done. I'm sure we'll have a cold one or two left over.

Will try to make it by, mainly for picture of steam train. Familiy put in over 500 total years of working for various railroads. Uncles, aunts, cousins, dad, grandparents, great grandfather so will try to take picture to show my dad.

Keith, I'll try to find you. We'll be pulling in late Thursday afternoon. Your smoker should make the chore easier. Last year they had signs at the end of the rows with the teams names listed. These were in place by Friday evening. Pretty impressive if you ask me, since the sites aren't assigned.

We plan to arrive late Thursday afternoon, looking forward to it.

We plan to arrive late Thursday afternoon, looking forward to it.

Cool, I will have the appropriate music ready for your arrival..................:loco::loco::loco::loco:

Honestly, we will down sometime Thursday, looking forward to getting started this year...........

I was there today. They wouldnt let me in though. I do want a close look at that black widow weber. See you there

We'll be there! :) Can't wait!

Got a favor to ask - our rocks stoker exploded Saturday. Anyone have a guru with WSM adapter we could borrow? (Giving up on stoker, switching over but it doesn't look like we'll be able to get one before the comp.)

Got a favor to ask - our rocks stoker exploded Saturday. Anyone have a guru with WSM adapter we could borrow? (Giving up on stoker, switching over but it doesn't look like we'll be able to get one before the comp.)

The guys from the Guru will be at the comp competing. If you give them a call maybe they would bring it with them.

BTW, the DC Firefighting BBQ Team will be there as well. Rolling in early Friday morning.

I can bring my stoker if you want to use it (my stoker is on my patio smoker). Ill be there Thursday night. Only condition is you dont blow it up

I can bring my stoker if you want to use it (my stoker is on my patio smoker). Ill be there Thursday night. Only condition is you dont blow it up

You would be my hero! What size fan have you got? (I'll bring ours so I can pop the dog-bowl off but the fan connector is trashed. Still need to dig a piece of it out of the controller..)

The guys from the Guru will be at the comp competing. If you give them a call maybe they would bring it with them.

Good idea, I hadn't even thought about that. (I was going to check the list again tonight, but I don't know if it would have occurred to me when I saw the name..)

I'll swing by to say hi to you guys and drool over that kettle ranch again. :)

You would be my hero! What size fan have you got? (I'll bring ours so I can pop the dog-bowl off but the fan connector is trashed. Still need to dig a piece of it out of the controller..)

Sorry should have clarified. I have a WSM on my patio also. I can bring the fan, dog-bowl, and stoker. No worries on your end

I was there today. They wouldnt let me in though. I do want a close look at that black widow weber. See you there
It actually was made to look like a black widow. One of our team members does metal art, he's a talented dude. Looks like I'll have to buy more beverages then I figured if you all come by, awesome problem to have though!

I should be rolling in late Thursday afternoon. Anyone interested in getting together a trip to O.C. for dinner Thursday night? I know a place where they make outstanding orange crushes!

Back