• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NBBQA Conference & Meeting Legends

3 Rivers BBQ

Went to the NBBQA Conference this past few days, a B-day present from wife, and I must say it was fantastic. I learned alot, but meeting, talking and spending time with some BBQ legends was the best. When I say legends, I mean...Mike and Amy Mills, Chris Lilly, Ray Lampe, Diva Q, Dave of Famous Dave, Ray of Sweet Baby, Melissa Cookston, Todd from Plowboys, Mrs. Bigmista, Mark Lampert and many more. Being able to sit down at the table and ask question and listening to some of the hilarious stories and have some adult type beverages will be memories that will stay with me. One theme seemed to be with all these incredible folks...BBQ is family. Once again, "thanks" too my wife and thanks to the new friends and family that have entered my life.

Gerald
Three Rivers BBQ

Wait till I tell Mrs. Mista that she is a legend!

Come sit down grandchildren while I tell you the legend of Mrs. Mista the Sprinkle!

Wait till I tell Mrs. Mista that she is a legend!

Come sit down grandchildren while I tell you the legend of Mrs. Mista the Sprinkle!

She was super nice and full of knowledge, I sent a bottle of sauce for you to try and your wife says you will be "brutally honest" and that is what I want. Thanks again to Mrs. Bigmista for her kindness.

Gerald
Three Rivers BBQ

Gerald - it was great meeting you as well as BigMista's wife Phyliss
good luck with the sauce!

Thanks Bill...I had a blast and learned so much. Already putting San Deigo on the calender for next year!

Gerald sorry I didn't get to meet you while I was there, I'm just up the road in NC. Lived in your area awhile. 3Rivers BBQ must be referring to the Congaree, Broad and the Saluda rivers - mighty good deer and duck hunting around there and of course that good ole mustard bbq sauce. I agree it was a informative and enjoyable conference. That Shed BBQ sure was easy to get down wasn't it?

You are correct on the name...well, either for the 3 rivers or the mental hospital, could go either way. The Shed group was a blast to spend time with, and I must say, pretty good vittles and Brooke aint too bad "eye" candy. My only deer hunting has been with my truck, which I am 2-0. What part of NW NC you call home. I am familar with NC, went to school in Hickory, honeymooned in Blowing Rock.

Back