• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sponsorship, what does your sponsor get?

M

mnray

We are at the stage of trying to find a few sponsors for our team. I'm trying to find out what most sponsors get in return. We had thought of a few wristbands to get into the comps, maybe a special Que-dinner for a sponsor and guest, and of course their name on a banner. What am I leaving out? Any information or direction is appreciated.

The wife's work gets the leftovers from the comp to be served the next week, I also cook a couple events throughout the year for them for just my cost.
I recently got a rub sponsor, I still buy the rub but at a better rate, he will get pictures of the awards/me with his banner to promote his product.

We have a whole plan.. something to the effect of:

3x6' Banner
10 Passes to the Tent & Passes to contest
Logo on Team Shirt
$1000

Add 2nd Banner
Logo on Cups in tent
25 Passes to Tent & Tickets into contest
Couple other things
$5000

Add Sponsors Luncheon for 40
40 Passes to Tent & Tickets to Festival
Few other things
$9-10k

Free publicity...plus any accolades should we place well using their products...:becky:

Advertising - We have several channels that we use to advertise for our sponsors. Facebook/Website/Banners/ we also handout any materials that our sponsors ask us to at events (frisbees,stickers,mouse pads and pens). When we have the opportunity to be on TV or Radio we always mention their names.

Be creative and work with them.

In terms of PR/marketing, it never hurts to offer up something preliminary and then ask if they had anything in mind. Generally, basic exposure is good enough for most companies. We've had some be more interested in just getting a free meal or two :thumb:

Back