Early morning tomorrow

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Must get up early tomorrow and smoke 21 pounds of bacon.

7 pounds of spiced coffee
7 pounds of brown sugar-pepper-rum
7 pounds of green tea

Sounds great! I spent a couple years trying my own bacon but the kids and wife are not fans of think cut bacon and the work behind making it is too much for me...I have a hobart slicer but could never get it to the point where it was thin enough for the family without it being a mess to make and it never was crispy enough for the clan.

Its the one smoked product that the family prefers store bought. Sighhhh..oh well, they like the rest of the meats smoked so bacon is one I concede to the commercial industry.

Sounds great! I spent a couple years trying my own bacon but the kids and wife are not fans of think cut bacon and the work behind making it is too much for me...I have a hobart slicer but could never get it to the point where it was thin enough for the family without it being a mess to make and it never was crispy enough for the clan.

Its the one smoked product that the family prefers store bought. Sighhhh..oh well, they like the rest of the meats smoked so bacon is one I concede to the commercial industry.

Keep trying. To get it sliced really thin, the slab has to be nearly frozen when you slice.

How do you cook your bacon? Fry pan? Try the oven; put room temp bacon on a cookie sheet into a cold oven, turn the oven to 475 and check the bacon in 10-12 mins, flip the bacon and let it go another 5 mins. Works every time for us.

Back