Stuffed French Toast on the Grill - pr0n!

KnucklHed BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Prepare yourselves for a breakfast flavor-bomb... this is one of those things you'll make for friends and relatives when they come to visit that will send them home with unbelievable stories of magic and wonderment to share with folks back home... Tales so tall that the hearers of which will think they have returned from a mystical land of make believe.

Alright enough of that, let's talk about breakfast on the grill.

We start with a hearty Italian artisian bread, you want something that is kinda chewy and will hold together well while soaking in the batter.

mix up softened cream cheese, blueberries powdered sugar and a little almond extract.

Cut the bread into 2"+ thick slices and then cut a slit into it for the blueberry/cream cheese mix. Cram them full!!

IMG_1307Medium.jpg

soak in a low fat mix of 1/2&1/2, egg, vanilla and a pinch of kosher for 1/2 hour or up to overnight - This is why you need a hearty bread, anything else will fall apart and end with tears of misery and hunger.

IMG_1308Medium.jpg

While you're waiting for the bread to soak, grab a cube of softened butter and start making the crowning jewel of this adventure... Orange Honey butter - 1 cube of butter, 3 Tbs honey, 2 Tbs orange zest, and a pinch of fresh grated nutmeg.

IMG_1310Medium.jpg

And now we wait... the grill is heating - the bread is nearly finished soaking, and I am so very hungry!

More pics as they become available...

Update!!

Tossed on the hot gasser with a small amount of JD whisky barrel chips...

IMG_1313Medium.jpg

Flip 'em after about 5 or 6 min... Mmmm.... nothin' like grill marks on your french toast!

IMG_1316Medium.jpg

Holy cow! Thread saved to favorites. What temp do you use for those, guessing in the medium range?

I've done similar using a cast iron griddle. Will try the artisan bread soak next time. I used a pound cake. You're right though. Great and easy.

Final installment...

Once the color is right, I stand them up so they can finish cooking without burning or getting too charred.

IMG_1317Medium.jpg

Add an appropriate amount of honey butter, grab a fork and knife and get to work!! :thumb:

IMG_1320Medium.jpg

Man, the blueberries get all puffed up and absolutely explode in your mouth... soooo good!

IMG_1321Medium.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a deep coma to slip into...

Thanks for lookin'!

Dang! I already had my oatmeal.
Those look REALLY good, and grill marks toooooo. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
S'pose ya could overnight me a sample?

Dude that is outstanding looking, Thanks I WILL be doing this very soon indeed

That filled the void in my gut just lookin'!! Thanks for the pron!!

Thanks everybody! I've also made it withfresh strawberries and home made burbon apple pie filling, both with the same cream cheese mixture.

The bberry are my fav, but the apple was a close 2nd!

Try it sometime, let me know what ya' think!

Mmmm... breakfast food comas... That's a great looking meal; I'm gonna have to give that a try once I get this artisan bread making thing down.

That looks so good. It's 3am here but I want a plate for breakfast NOW.

Back