Best and worst of competition goodie bag?

I always like a cool t-shirt.

You mean the Large T-Shirt that doesn't fit the majority of the competitors there (including myself)? Or the XL T-Shirt that fits me once until my wife shrinks it after the first wash? :twitch:

All in jest of course. Any goodie bag item is appreciated even if my teammate gets all the T-shirts. However, I would appreciate a choice in size or even the occassional organizer that thinks about his target audience and orders a few XXL's.

You mean the Large T-Shirt that doesn't fit the majority of the competitors there (including myself)? Or the XL T-Shirt that fits me once until my wife shrinks it after the first wash? :twitch:

All in jest of course. Any goodie bag item is appreciated even if my teammate gets all the T-shirts. However, I would appreciate a choice in size or even the occassional organizer that thinks about his target audience and orders a few XXL's.

I'm on the slim side. Last shirt I got was Large. Washed it, it shrunk and now it's a belly shirt, not a good look.

I'll vote for Harpoon BBQ Championship of New England. I haven't had drink in over 18 years BUT the combination of Free Harpoon Beer Tickets for every team member for every day and this year's THREE cases for after the draft bar was closed has to be waaayyyyyyy up on any list.

Some years back, we received a business card for a Bail Bondsman in a goody bag at a contest.

Luckily, we had no use for it. :grin:

To keep in the spirit of the post....NO goody bag like Myrtle Beach offers....and unfortunately Tryon, NC...they used to have primo stuff but the cash flow killed them..... Next are those that give calendars and post-it-notes from local banks...throw a few ink pens in there....let's not forget local maps or ads from local realtors.

no bad goodie bags. any contest organizer that goes through the trouble and expense of putting something together for the teams is alright in my book.

never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Dawg - don't get me wrong. It takes a tremendous amount of work to put on an event. Not questioning the effort, cost or intent! But I think it's safe to say that 2 cases of beer may qualify as better swag, than an apron from the previous year and 2 ball point pens! :biggrin1:

Grillstock- Use of WSM and /or Weber kettle, mountains of ribs and steak and chicken to cook for the crowds, free charcoal, sauces from Frenches, Rubs from California Rancher, drinking water, chimney starter, free electricity, washing facility, discounts on hotel rooms, free refrigeration,

Best I ever saw was the now-defunct Springville, Alabama show where every team got a full-sized fire extiguisher courtesy of the manufacturer there.

Worst was full of cheap ad specialty junk, the highlight of which was business cards from three personal injury lawers.

Whitewater, WI... We got a pint size mason jar of ranch flavored pretzels... one per team. The wife and I let loose and ate 4 pretzels.

Heres what we got from our 1st comp this past weekend called the Blazin Hog

589_zpsde673fbd.jpg

NY Strips

The Sam's club regional contest bag was an insulated grocery bag, 4 NY Strip steaks and a bottle of McCormack steak seasoning. That was pretty good!

I agree I loved it...

Attachments

• NY Strip Sams photo.jpg
    NY Strip Sams photo.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 73
Back