Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Nevada, Iowa, August 24-25: Who's in?

I am still trying to raise the funds to do this contest. Between birthdays, truck repairs, and yearly trips August is a tough one financially. BUT if I am able to do some juggling I will be there

I like to get as far as possible from my work during the weekends, and this contest is a block and a half from where I work, so we will be going to Albert Lea instead. :biggrin1: Have fun and good luck all! :-D

I dont believe you but in the event you actually burn the gas to go up north .... :clap:. I mean we will miss you.

Isn't this where the NASCAR track is located? If so I would love to see them do an event at the track if possible in the future. That would be sweet!

Track is at Newton (east of DSM) ... this is Nevada (north of DSM)

But agree, a contest around a NASCAR event would be great.

I am still trying to raise the funds to do this contest. Between birthdays, truck repairs, and yearly trips August is a tough one financially. BUT if I am able to do some juggling I will be there

Freddy, come on down south and play with us! Just think, the Nevada contest goes towards TOY and you get to see some Brethren!

Freddy, come on down south and play with us! Just think, the Nevada contest goes towards TOY and you get to see some Brethren!

TOY scores:doh: you did see my Whiting scores didnt you?:twitch: I am wanting to go just for more experience. Finances are going to be close but I wont know for sure until middle of next week. I will keep you updated next week BJ.

As of early this week the organizer had ten confirmed, four "check's in the mail", and a fair amount of interest. I can't imagine an Iowa contest not getting 25 teams!

Wow. Only 10 teams. Is it typical for entries to come later? This is my only contest this year. An emergency surgery kept me from WDM. I am doing a practice cook Sunday with new recipes. Two years ago we had about 30 teams there. Great setting with county fair.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Doug has a point, at some point organizers will have to sit down and do some scheduling and planning. Don't get me wrong, organizers can't worry about every contest but geographically some planning could be done.
My crystal ball says they will end up with exactly 25.

Back