Boston Butt for .98 a pound!!!

How long can you freeze a butt before its no good. Local meijer has them, for .99/lb but don't know how long they last.

How long can you freeze a butt before its no good. Local meijer has them, for .99/lb but don't know how long they last.

A very long time as long as they stay frozen and in the cryo pack. I have heard of competition guys buying a bunch when they are on sale and using them 2-3 years later.

A couple months ago I cooked a brisket that had been frozen in the cryo for almost two years. It came out great!

Awesome price!

Not sure exactly. I have froze them for a year with no problem. (thats because I forgot about it)

Stock up at that price!

A very long time as long as they stay frozen and in the cryo pack. I have heard of competition guys buying a bunch when they are on sale and using them 2-3 years later.

A couple months ago I cooked a brisket that had been frozen in the cryo for almost two years. It came out great!

Awesome price!

Yep. I've smoked a two year old butt still frozen in the original cryo with no problems too. Good flavor and texture. As long as the integrity of the packaging is intact, at least from a food safety view, you could probably keep them frozen for quite a few years.

Back