Lets try this again...Brisket, Take 2....

bproffer

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Alright, after the last brisket was a bust (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113985), I am giving it another go. I got a late start, so it will probabbly be dinner tomorrow. I am using the WSM this time instead of the BGE and also using the Stoker automatic temperature controller. I am goin gto let it go a few hours at 250 then ramp it up to 300 to finish it off quicker. Hopefully this one turns out better than the last.

stoker2.jpg

stoker1.jpg

brisket1.jpg

stokerlog.jpg

Brisket is coming along. The internal temp is up to 182. I figure another couple hours and it will be ready. I upped the temp on the WSM to 300 to help speed it along.

6c42c81f-0b79-fb62.jpg

Since there was no way the brisket would be done in time for dinner, I subbed in a tri-tip.

6c42c81f-0bcb-a5f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here is the finished brisket. I chopped the point into cubes and sliced the flat. This has been my best attempt so far, but still not perfect. The bark is a little tough (maybe I need to foil) and the flat was not as juicy as I had hoped, but wasnt overly dry. The point was very juicy and yummy.
I am looking forward to tomorrows dinner. I may even fry up some with my eggs for breakfast (which is in 4.5 hours...I need to go to sleep).

brisket2.jpg

Try the hot and fast brisket method. I find it produces a better product and it does include wrapping in foil.

looks good to me! but its hard to tell completely by pics. i have some good looking pics last week but in reality i thought it was dry :( its not easy to get that perfect brisket. im still trying to get there myself. my point was very juicy and tasty also. very tender. but the flat was dry. seems to be about the same as yours. good job tho and good luck with the next! we will nail it!

Back