Beef Back Ribs at higher temp

swibirun

is one Smokin' Farker
Last weekend I tried cooking beef back ribs using Adam Perry Lang's method from his book, BBQ25. It uses a higher temp (325f) than my usual (250f dome temp on the Egg).

I used a mix of Wicked Good and Full Circle, not for a specific reason, just because I ran out of one bag and started the other. Wood was 3 nice sized chunks of local cherry seasoned from last year.

I was tempted to divert from the books process but decided to see it through. I just quit foiling spare ribs this year so why start doing it with beef, right?:boxing: But I have to say that these were the best I've made so far.

DSC_0357resized.jpg

Served them with garlic mashed potatoes and my wife made yeast rolls on her Egg.

If you're interested, I have a video of the process on my blog.

So how do you guys and gals do your beef ribs?

Looks good. I can't seem to find beef back ribs with much meat left on them. They have almost always been raped to make the ribeye an insignificant amount bigger.

Looks good. I can't seem to find beef back ribs with much meat left on them. They have almost always been raped to make the ribeye an insignificant amount bigger.

Same here. Ribs looked they have already been eaten :becky: I'm not paying for just bones.

Same here. Ribs looked they have already been eaten :becky: I'm not paying for just bones.

I could understand a little better if they were cheap, but that is usually not the case. I can usually get brisket or chuck roast for less per lb.

The ones I find would be good for soup and thats about it.

Those are fine looking beef ribs. I became a hot and fast convert a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. I usually cook mine around 300-325 degrees...and NO foil! :becky:

Last weekend I tried cooking beef back ribs using Adam Perry Lang's method from his book, BBQ25. It uses a higher temp (325f) than my usual (250f dome temp on the Egg). So how do you guys and gals do your beef ribs?

Those are fine looking beef ribs. I became a hot and fast convert a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. I usually cook mine around 300-325 degrees...and NO foil! :becky:
Yeppers. No foil and same approximate temps. And yes, fine looking ribs.:thumb:

Back