The Outage

txschutte

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
That we experienced tonight is a good reminder thatwe need to be chipping into the kitty that helps to keep this site running.
This place has grown exponentially, and along with that, the cost to maintain servers, security, and other maintenance goes up.

There are many new faces, and old ones alike, that are here soaking the info up like sponges. The info shared here is free. The website isn't.

So this is my friendly reminder to buy a subscription if you can. If you can't you can donate a few dollars to help out as well. It isn't required, but it is appreciated.

On the top, right hand of your screen that has tabs for purchasing subscriptions, and a donate tab. Give bit of relief to the site owner, and you also feel like you have some stock into the place as well.

Spice started the original movement in this thread.

Thanks Brothers!!:eusa_clap

What outage? And what happened?

John

I just renewed my yearly Subscription a few days ago. A very small price for the knowledge and help I find here!

What outage? And what happened?

John

Site was down for a bit; servers probably got overloaded. More paying subscribers will help alleviate such issues in the future. :smile:

My subscription is one of the very few "bills" that I gladly pay. As others have said, the costs of maintaining our crazy little club house needs to be shared by those of us that use it.

Last edited:
My subscription is one of the very few "bills" that I gladly pay. As others have said, the costs of maintaining our crazy little club house need to be shared by those of us that use it.

Couldn't agree more.

Every year I seem to upgrade my subscription. It's not expensive when i think about it. I have hundreds of dollars in cookers, and spend plenty on meats, fuels, gadgets, rubs, sauces....but most of it wouldn't be any good without the ideas here. This place is worth as much as a fine piece of BBQ equipment in my opinion.

Pork shoulder $12, 10# of chicken quarters $5, shaker of rub $7, large bottle of sauce $14, bag of lump $15, case of beer $20, subscription to the BBq-Brethren............PRICELESS. The afformentioned becomes useless if I don't know what the Fark to do with it :-D:-D

If you get a subscription, then you can get a cool avatar!
If you don't like the defaults and can't make one yourself, you can ask the Brethren to make one for you! That's worth the tiny subscription price right there!

Just got my first subscription, now to change my avatar..... and use the search function and all the other goodies I now get!!!!

My subscription is one of the very few "bills" that I gladly pay. As others have said, the costs of maintaining our crazy little club house needs to be shared by those of us that use it.

Pork shoulder $12, 10# of chicken quarters $5, shaker of rub $7, large bottle of sauce $14, bag of lump $15, case of beer $20, subscription to the BBq-Brethren............PRICELESS. The afformentioned becomes useless if I don't know what the Fark to do with it :-D:-D

Absolutely!
Its the information that's priceless from the site.
It means so much more once I re-upped my subscription.

The personal and internal decision to take a supporting role in this international and virtual community may be seen on an initial glance.... but once anyone hangs around... begins to reveal a multi-faceted platform of principles on many levels.

Once the Spirit of the Brethren/Sisters go beyound the virtual... becomes an intangible variable which reveals an emotional, spiritual, and physical aspect of friendships and comradery, regardless of locale.

The Spirit of the Brethren is not just BBQ... its a way of life... another way to respect your fellow man... and can be seen by the volume of charitable efforts the site has encouraged.

Someone said it earlier... "Its how we roll"

I say, "I'm a card carrying (paid subscription) member of the BBQ Brethren and collectively we say FARK OFF"..........You want to play you got to pay

I say, "I'm a card carrying (paid subscription) member of the BBQ Brethren and collectively we say FARK OFF"..........You want to play you got to pay

I agree with ya aquablue, I consider it a sin if I didn't pay up every year! Its stealing in my book! Too much information and friendship to be had here with without paying for it. Kinda like ripping off a prostitiute (not that I have any first hand knowledge of that)!:icon_shy

If you get a subscription, then you can get a cool avatar!
If you don't like the defaults and can't make one yourself, you can ask the Brethren to make one for you! That's worth the tiny subscription price right there!

I'll vouch for that! :rolleyes:

I reup'ed on the 1st. After all, what would you do with out me? I mean, I post so much useful information. :lol:

Last edited:
I reup'ed on the 1st. After all, what would do with out me? I mean, I post so much useful information. :lol:
Without you, stuff would stick to the bottom of the pot and get burnt.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I reup'ed on the 1st. After all, what would do with out me? I mean, I post so much useful information. :lol:

And I know where you live:wink::p

Without you, stuff would stick to the bottom of the pot and get burnt.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

YeeeeeHaaa! LMAO! Got me a dozen new long handle bamboo spoons. :biggrin:

How do you tell when your subscription is about to expire?

Back