Stickman

stickman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi folks, glad to join you!

British dude, got introduced to grilling the first week I immigrated here (in 1998 ) - found a gasser on the side of the road with a sign saying "free", and I thought to myself - "what a great country this is!"

Learned about BBQ from another Brit - a crazy radiochemist from Seattle who made a mean pork butt. Got my first smoker from Klose in 2002 with a lucky fat tax refund check.

Currently living in Nor Cal, running a Klose 20x36 pipe smoker, an Englebrecht Braten 1000, an XL BGE, Weber 22" kettle grill with rotisserie attachment, Carson Rodizio, Camp Chef 900 FTG, Camp Chef Somerset 4-burner stove, and an old entry-level Traeger. And various portable equipment for camping. And a Breville Control Freak. Yeah, I know that's not a grill. But its so FREAKIN cool!

Craziest BBQ adventure? Cooking Naan bread in a kludged-up tandoor made of bricks and pizza stones wedged into the Klose firebox. It was seriously good, but I lost all the hair on my arm up to the elbow.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Welcome Ramsey. That’s quite the arsenal you have. Look forward to your sharing your cooks and input.
BTW, there are a few other coffee lovers here too.

Welcome Ramsey. That’s quite the arsenal you have.

For all the $$$ I spent on these - if I could only keep one, it would be the Weber kettle. Very little you can't do on that, if you put your mind to it.

That’s right. I find myself cooking on the webers more than anything right now. I wish I still had the others I got rid of years ago.

Welcome. Hope you stick around and post often You can have a lot of fun here With all those toys you will fit right in :-D

Welcome. And we need to see photos of the hairless arm.

No pics of the hairless arm, I'm afraid - although I could take some snaps on the next knife-sharpening day! Instead some more pics of the process and the end results

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190907_194258.jpg
    20190907_194258.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
Welcome! Non-North American perspective is always interesting to me. Enjoyed your Cattle Call and raising a beer/pint! Glad you are here!

Back