MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #376
Brian5177
Found some matches.

1) Just because after months of waiting, delays, lies, etc, I finally received a refund instead of the smoker I ordered, doesn't mean that I wasn't a customer. It means I'm a dissatisfied customer. Once a company is contracted for good or services, you become a customer. Just because the outcome wasn't what anyone was hoping for, doesn't mean that I wasn't a customer. Yes, after months of waiting, I was made whole. How could I have been made whole if I was never a customer?
2) Leaving a fair and honest review after the fact isn't 'instigating'. You didn't seem to be upset about the sudden rash of positive reviews that coincidentally were timed exactly with your original post on this thread.
Brian5177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #377
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5177 View Post
1) Just because after months of waiting, delays, lies, etc, I finally received a refund instead of the smoker I ordered, doesn't mean that I wasn't a customer. It means I'm a dissatisfied customer. Once a company is contracted for good or services, you become a customer. Just because the outcome wasn't what anyone was hoping for, doesn't mean that I wasn't a customer. Yes, after months of waiting, I was made whole. How could I have been made whole if I was never a customer?
2) Leaving a fair and honest review after the fact isn't 'instigating'. You didn't seem to be upset about the sudden rash of positive reviews that coincidentally were timed exactly with your original post on this thread.
I cannot control how they do their business.
I do not pay the BBB and wouldn't. And maybe I'm missing all these raving reviews your talking about, but I don't see them publicly. And yes when it was brought to my attention that I even had a bbb rating i publicly asked customers if they would go leave their feedback.
Just kinda funny if you aren't instigating why you have waited months to get back on here or go try and leave a bad review.....
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #378
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
I’m also a bystander, but I saw the Built Right website someone posted a link too. It was a few pages ago. That website does not instill any confidence in me to buy a smoker from them.

And, after reading most of this entire thread, it’s too bad Built Right hasn’t been shut down and the owner thrown in jail for fraud.

I hope everyone gets their money back.
Because I have not committed Fraud. And would not.
That is your assumption which is wrong.
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #379
fgavitt
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
I cannot control how they do their business.
I do not pay the BBB and wouldn't. And maybe I'm missing all these raving reviews your talking about, but I don't see them publicly. And yes when it was brought to my attention that I even had a bbb rating i publicly asked customers if they would go leave their feedback.
Just kinda funny if you aren't instigating why you have waited months to get back on here or go try and leave a bad review.....
It's odd that you say you "cannot control how they do their business" because I just had a review denied because YOU told them I was not a customer. That seems like control to me.
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #380
Sopchoppy
Full Fledged Farker

Seems to me, 26 pages of postings even if true, false, or somewhere in between, proves it ain't worth this much hassle to try and buy a smoker.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #381
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Just curious, has anyone had a positive experience with this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #382
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Mr Boston reached out today to say he needed my banking information as he has enough funds to send me my deposits back. Looking forward to this fiasco being over. Cost me a ton of money and sleep.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #383
mikemci
Babbling Farker

I hope he follows through (believe it when it happens).
Still doesn't change my opinion of him!
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #384
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

I wonder if people who buy crock pots have similar experiences.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #385
effinUker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim, Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgavitt View Post
It's odd that you say you "cannot control how they do their business" because I just had a review denied because YOU told them I was not a customer. That seems like control to me.
You can't be a customer if you never got a smoker.
effinUker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 07:05 AM   #386
mikemci
Babbling Farker

You give a deposit, you agree on the design details and you have then entered into a contract. You are a customer!
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-28-2018, 07:50 AM   #387
effinUker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim, Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemci View Post
You give a deposit, you agree on the design details and you have then entered into a contract. You are a customer!
I totally agree. Was just pitching it from his side of the fence.
effinUker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 08:18 AM   #388
DRMSMKER
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by effinUker View Post
You can't be a customer if you never got a smoker.
He should still be able to review his experience and the service he got. He doesn't have any right to review the product b/c he never got it but that shouldn't void his right to review a business.
DRMSMKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #389
Fishhook
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
Mr Boston reached out today to say he needed my banking information as he has enough funds to send me my deposits back. Looking forward to this fiasco being over. Cost me a ton of money and sleep.

Personally, with this guys shady history I would not give him my banking info. I would request a certified cashiers check...just saying

Old 08-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #390
Demosthenes
Full Fledged Farker

^^^^^^ Affirmative. I wouldn't want that can of worms opened up a year or two down the road.

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist