Long long long time lurker first time poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vash

Lo all,

I've been readin this fourm for like a year now and never posted. Why? dunno ya'll are too good not to get in the middle of :> Name's Joe, got a NB Silver and been smoking on it for a year (ever since reading this forum) and the reason I've decided to post was that I just found out how much of a farking idiot I've been. I've been smoking stuff on this beast for a while and been trying lots of things, pulled off some ok Q but nothing to write home about (family thinks I'm crazy, they say its the best they've ever had, but bad Q is still better then most) I had a major problem.. heat, I had to babysit this thing from sun up to sun down, never 5 minuets away from it because I the thing would drop temp at a drop at a hat, or the flame would die. Didn't know what the heck was going on.. Today I've got a butt and a picnic going and the temp would drop like a stone and the flame would die like every 5 minuets... I'm reading trying to figure out whats going on and then I look in the firebox.. I had my fire grates like 4 inches above the damper hole... not enough air. flipped those buggers around and now I keep a constant 230 for about a hour... man this is like heaven.

anyway just wanted to say HI

Joe

Welcome Joe

Check out the entire thread called ROADMAP at the topd of the forum room called Q Talk.

Great stuff in there on not only fire control, but also on selected meat cuts.

And don't let this be your last post!!!!

Jump in, and grab a cold one!!

Joe, Welcome Brother!! Now you've posted once, no need to stop!! Great to hear from ya!!

kcquer said:
Joe, Welcome Brother!! Now you've posted once, no need to stop!! Great to hear from ya!!

Hell yea! We want to hear from ya!!

Welcome My New Brother!!

Solidkick said:
kcquer said:

Hell yea! We want to hear from ya!!

Welcome My New Brother!!
Oh, I'm not stoppin', just tippin back a few and Q'in... Wow.. typin on a PDA is hard.

Joe

hey joe.. I started on a hondo.. bigger version of the Silver. Check out the files section for the horizontal mods, they really help. On the silver, the most important is the firegrate and the chimney extension. Did u do those?

Nice to meet ya.

I don't have a smoker, but I drink beer with Tommy Kendall, so I'm cool.

Welcome!

Thanks for finally coming in from the "cold". It is amazing when the "light comes on" or the clue-bird finally lands!! :D

If you've been lurking this long you know that you have now come over to the dark side!

Welcome, Joe! Lots of great people and info here!

its awsome to feel welcomed. I've got the chimney mod and the baffle mod goin on, need to look into the fire grate mod.. got the meat off the Q and in the cooler, one more hour and its mine all mine!!... ok and the wifes. Tryin a homade sauce, just threw some stuff together (didnt have the stuff in stock for Dreamland) gonna give her a shot.

Thanks again for the welcome

Joe

Welcome Joe!

So where are you located! Bound to have some brethren nearby that can help you out. All ya gotta do is speak up!

Welcome Joe, enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

welcome to the fray!

jt said:
welcome to the fray!

That's a understatement. Welcome to the Group, I use to drink beer with Tommy Kendall but not within the last year so I'm not cool anymore.

Welcome aboard Joe. Glad you broke finally the ice. Stick around. I don't drink beer so I don't know what these BRD and Smaich dudes are talking about. 8)

Welcome. once you post once you just can't stop! It will become an addiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back