MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
ShutYrMouth
Full Fledged Farker

Default Building a trailer

hi all
so i have a 14longx6widex7tall enclosed trailer. The trailer just has wood paneling. i will take pics and post em.
i need to turn it into a small kitchen. i talked to my HD a couple times in the last couple weeks. nothing really special (3 comp sinks, hand sink, refer, hot/cold water, waste holding, washable food grade walls and flooring,ect..)
just the basic stuff.
the question i have is, where do i get all that stuff.
im sure i will google it and look around, but i was just wondering if there was a place you guys recommend.
i appreciate it
greg
WSM 22.5'
Weber Kettle
ShutYrMouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

CraigsList is your friend!
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
NateOwsley
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie'48 View Post
CraigsList is your friend!
I concur. Maybe ebay for smaller things ie: hot water heater.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Try asking some builders and they may be able to sell the wall panels or may tell you where to get them. You can buy any RV style tanks online. Just google RV fresh or holding tanks.

Sinks can be any SS type but must be able to hold the largest thing you will wash - that means immersing. Or restaurant Equippers in Columbus. You should get to know their store.

I have a 6 gallon water heater (electric) nearly new I'll let you have for a steal. BUt it's a 6 hour drive from you to me. I will be in Liberty IN next weekend. Having said that if I were you I'd look at an RV style propane unti but they cost a lot and probably should be professionally installed.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

The wall panels can usually be bought at any home center. They are commonly referred as FRP, or Fiberglass reenforced panels. They come in 4' by 8' sheets. The flooring can be found there too. The 1'x1' sticky tiles work good, and are approved here. They are fairly resilient and are easy to install. Just make sure you wax them to make the seams impermeable.

As far as tanks and pumps, a good RV dealer will carry those.

Triple basin sinks and handwash basin may be found at a discount if you talk to a few local plumbing outfits and tell them you are looking for used units. Many plumbers may have some they pulled out of another job, or may know where to find one.

Water heaters (on demand type) is better to buy new. Your local home center will carry these as well.

The affordable commercial fridge will be your high dollar item. If you can't find one on CL or eBay, you may have to contact a restaraunt supply outlet to find one. Prepare for a dent in your budget.

Be prepared to work your tail off. It also helps to make schematics and diagrams of your electrical, plumbing, and general layout. Present these to your HD before building or buying. They will tell you right away if it could be approved or not. Involving your inspector in just about everything in your build will save you trouble down the road.

Good Luck!

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->