Last Weekends Cook!

Bellybro

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am happy to report that the 130# of Pork we cooked for two different parties was a hit!

We had the new Spicewine smoker full. 130# of pork, 3 slabs of ribs, 6 fatties and Solidkick brought a brisket over that we cooked for him.

It was a beautiful afternoon, almost 80 degrees, couldn't ask for better smoking weather. Then the evening came temps started to drop and storms moving in. Tornado warnings and then watches in effect. About 10 Mr. Kick came by to pick up his brisket and Heaven let loose. I mean it rained it's ass off and the wind blew like crazy. We were getting a little concerned as to what our temps would do. Finally after a frantic run outside to look for funnel clouds, because it became eerily quiet and some of us thought that we heard a freight train off in the distance, we checked the temp and she only dropped about 4 degrees and climbed right back to about 230 and held. It was incredible!

The pork came off about 3 am and was wrapped and coolered, then we fell asleep until about 8:30 and started pulling pork and saucing.

Calls from both parties on Monday confirmed everyone was happy and I think we might even get another cook or two out of one of the guys!

Warmed up some pulled pork last night for my son and a couple of his buddies. They loved it! One little boy asked me, how comes you can cook so good? I told him just lots of practice and good friends who are always willing to help!

Good post Bro.

Let me say, we were "shittin' and a gettin'" when we thought we heard a tornado. One already set down on this property about 10 years ago, and wiped out a good portion of the house BBII lives in now. Never did find the dock that was setting on the lake that I know of.

I was truly, truly amazed at how the cooker held the temp during the storm. My 'dera would have flooded out, no question about it. I don't want this to sound like an advertisement for Jay's cookers, beings I don't get free wood like BBII (OK so I'm a smartass!) but it is an excellent cooker. (Jay, got anything for ME? LOL)

Maybe I should change the name to "Tornado Alley Smokers". I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience. This was exactly the reason I started building these smokers. I would say come by and I'll give you some wood, but I'm sure the other bretheren would have a hay day with that statement. :lol: :lol:

I would say come by and I'll give you some wood, but I'm sure the other bretheren would have a hay day with that statement.

Guess I left myself wide open for that remark! :oops:

Brian, be nice!

spicewine said:
Maybe I should change the name to "Tornado Alley Smokers". I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience. This was exactly the reason I started building these smokers. I would say come by and I'll give you some wood, but I'm sure the other bretheren would have a hay day with that statement. :lol: :lol:

When you slip him the wood be gentle. :roll:

brdbbq said:
spicewine said:

And pre-lube. :wink:

BigdogSmoker said:
brdbbq said:
spicewine said:

And pre-lube. :wink:

Woodn't the lube cause nasty smoke?

:shock:

(and still on topic)

Solidkick said:
I'm going back to the Woodpile.............. :oops:

Best chk my last post first.

Back