Need a good brunswick stew recipe

A

ansmith

does anyone have a good brunswick stew recipe they will be willing to share?

as you can see this recipe is well used!!!:roll:

Attachments

• 12-23-2006 02;58;42PM.jpg
    12-23-2006 02;58;42PM.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 302
thanks for the stew recipe . Its cold an wet in texas, IM new so somebody tell me what a fatty is

Saiko's recipe is very good. I then modified it, starting with 2 small onions and a small
bell pepper, chopped. Saute them in bacon grease to start with (therefore didnt need
to add in butter at end). I also added in a can of diced potatoes, swapped the ketchup for tomato sauce (as my bbq sauce is plenty sweet), and I added a can of baby limas.
Oh, a few dashes of Worchestershire.

Wonderful.

thanks for the stew recipe . Its cold an wet in texas, IM new so somebody tell me what a fatty is

basically it is a roll of pan sausage that has been flattened out then put goodies on top of it. roll it back up with the goodies inside. smoke it, eat it!!:biggrin:

Good question! For the new folks (and we have a lot! Welcome!), we tend to use some terms that are not commonplace. We have two resources that will help you...

StLouque's Acronym List or (what the heck does that stand for?)
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35132

and...

KCquers ROADMAP to the QTALK Forum
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7818

Also, most of the forums have a Roadmap thread in the stickies area at the top of that forum. The Roadmap threads have links to some of the most commonly asked for things in that forum. It is always a good idea to check the roadmap before doing a search or asking.

Finally, at the bottom of every page there is a Google search that searches only the bbq-brethren domain. The built in forum search capability is enabled by subscription, but the site-specific Google search is available to everyone.

The yellow posted recipe above is a good start. In order to enhance the flavor, boil the butts, chicken and whatever else meat you are going to use in the big pot untill it is done. DO NOT throw out the stock, that is the base of the Stew. That is where a lot of the flavor comes from. On the hot sauce. pour in the entire bottle. Yes the whole bottle. It will not be spicey at all, but will add to the flavor. if you want some bite to it, add 2 bottles.

Oh and when it said get a big pot, it means a BIG pot. about a 3-4 gallon one.

I have a cookoff to compete in in 2 weeks and on the side there is a $10 entry winner take all Brunswick stew competition that will also be held at the time fo the cookoff. I have a recipe that I have had passed down from 3 generations before me, and it is awesome.

I don't like brunswick stew watery either.

The yellow posted recipe above is a good start. In order to enhance the flavor, boil the butts, chicken and whatever else meat you are going to use in the big pot untill it is done. DO NOT throw out the stock, that is the base of the Stew. That is where a lot of the flavor comes from. On the hot sauce. pour in the entire bottle. Yes the whole bottle. It will not be spicey at all, but will add to the flavor. if you want some bite to it, add 2 bottles.

Oh and when it said get a big pot, it means a BIG pot. about a 3-4 gallon one.

I have a cookoff to compete in in 2 weeks and on the side there is a $10 entry winner take all Brunswick stew competition that will also be held at the time fo the cookoff. I have a recipe that I have had passed down from 3 generations before me, and it is awesome.

I don't like brunswick stew watery either.

And that recipe is..................??

Decided to share as well:

Brunswick Stew

Cook all meat the day before

4 or 5 lbs. Boston Butt

3 lbs. Ground Chuck

3 lbs. Chicken

Chop or grind all meat (I chop mine)

Remove any fat

In large pot:

3 potatoes dice, cook and cool

Add all other ingredients and Simmer 2 to 3 hours

Stir often scorches easy

3 cups whole corn

2 large onions- diced

4 cups diced tomatoes

2 cups English peas

1 16 oz bottle Hunt's catsup

1 large can tomato juice - May have to add more if stew is dry

Hot Louisiana pepper sauce to taste

Salt and pepper to taste

FYI, if it ain't got squirrel or rabbit meat in it, it ain't the real thang...just sayin'.... :)

Back