Ankeny,IA Arrowhead Ducks Unlimited Cancelled

Sorry you guys lost a contest. You should come down with Bob's brother and cook Pleasant Hill. I know, I know... not the same weekend but still. :wink:

Sorry you guys lost a contest. You should come down with Bob's brother and cook Pleasant Hill. I know, I know... not the same weekend but still. :wink:
I'm going to Old School/High Tech that weekend.

Funny, I almost posted the same thing when I first read this. While not the same weekend, it's prior to the Memorial holiday weekend annual summer gas hike.

I heard this news last weekend-what a bummer!
Why do the closest ones have to go away?

Dang it! I really liked that contest. Wonder what happened?

That makes 2 cancelled for Iowa this year.:cry:

Brew-B-Que in Independence cancelled because they never made a profit for their charity. Mostly due to not having any Fri. night money makers.
Personally this one will be missed as it was the first one we cooked.
ModelMaker

Last edited:
Brew-B-Que in Independence cancelled because they never made a profit for their charity. Mostly due to not having any Fri. night money makers.
Personally this one will be missed as it was the first one we cooked.
ModelMaker
Yeah, Ankeny never really did anything to generate any extra money. The bands and entertainment were provided by summerfest. They basically only had the entry fees and some raffle money. Some people didn't even know the BBQ was going on.

well think that is 2 down which we was going to do ... we are not doing westmont this year =/ i have alist of 8 comps we are looking at but money wise will prob hit 3-4 of these this year. Mostly when i get the new smoker tomorrow... did i say that hint hint buster i will be talking to you alot bro lol.

well think that is 2 down which we was going to do ... we are not doing westmont this year =/ i have alist of 8 comps we are looking at but money wise will prob hit 3-4 of these this year. Mostly when i get the new smoker tomorrow... did i say that hint hint buster i will be talking to you alot bro lol.
You ca double up Waterloo and LaPorte City.

yea a xtra lrg egger adding with the fec100..... wanted to get pics before i said :p ok i couldn't wait lol.

thought i heard waterloo was not going this year? or have wrong rumors??

Hey brew where ya been hiding

Sorry you guys lost 2 comps and I hope its not more before it all shakes out.Its lookin like we lost 3 in Wi.

Bummed! :sad:

Not sure we are going to do any with the economy, but it was going to be hard no to do this one. It's about 1/2 mile from my house. Had a real good time the last couple years and met some really nice people there. Guess now we'll be looking at Nevada or State Center. I guess I got spoiled the last couple of years with it being so close. Hopefully they'll be back next year.

yea a xtra lrg egger adding with the fec100..... wanted to get pics before i said :p ok i couldn't wait lol.

thought i heard waterloo was not going this year? or have wrong rumors??

Hey brew where ya been hiding

Waterloo send out the forms already. Got mine in the mail earlier this week.

Back