Pulled Pork Quesadilla on the Discada

jawpaul

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I wanted a quick and tasty dinner so I whipped up some pulled pork Quesadillas.
w62NDh.jpg

I tossed about half a pound of reheated leftover pulled pork on the Discada with half an onion, a large jalapeño, and half a can of rotel. It didn't take long at all and boy was it tasty. I'm digging cooking with leftover pulled pork.

Man if I made those at my house it would look like a rugby scrum...lol. My whole family LOVES pulled pork and the I always make plenty and then it gets vacuum sealed and hits the freezer. It's good to pull out and reheat for lots of things but I have to admit I had'nt thought to use it for quesadillas and I KNOW they'd hit that!.

Food looks great. Is there much difference between a discada + a paella pan.

Man if I made those at my house it would look like a rugby scrum...lol. My whole family LOVES pulled pork and the I always make plenty and then it gets vacuum sealed and hits the freezer. It's good to pull out and reheat for lots of things but I have to admit I had'nt thought to use it for quesadillas and I KNOW they'd hit that!.
Thanks, I went with what ingredients I had laying around. Got any favorites for leftovers?

Nice! Can you describe your discada setup?
Sure, I have a discada from Southwest Disc. There are several other companies making them, or if you have the supplies I know some people make their own. It is just sitting on a cheap round turkey fryer burner. Just the weight of the discada keeps it in place (it ain't going anywhere). I have those sitting on top of a 6' long picnic table outside. Gives me plenty of prep space and puts the disc at about the right height.

Food looks great. Is there much difference between a discada + a paella pan.
A discada is made from a plow disc and has fully concave surface. The shape is similar to a wok but not quite as deep. The discada is also much heavier than a wok or paela pan. My 22" disc weighs around 15-20lbs. I believe paela pans have a much flatter bottom and are made of thinner metal.
Hopefully someone with some first-hand knowledge can chime in.

Those sure look great! Left over pulled pork is a huge favorite around my house.

Back