Couple of Butts from Sunday

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I did cross hatch cuts on the butt the last time and everyone really liked the results so sticking with it. I need to make up some more rub so used this as an opportunity to try something different. One with pepper and garlic salt the other with Killer Hogs (the darker one). Used 100% Smoke Ring Hickory and same in amazin tube along with hickory chips (worked well). On Sat. midnight at 225*. 9 am around 165ish but moreover, bark set nice. Time to pan and and up to 300*. Pulled off noonish around 208* with the bone pulling easily so off to the cambro. Took both to mother in law's (even got to watch the race). Rested, pulled, eatin now to vacuum seal for easy meals. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 157
  • wrap.jpg
    wrap.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 159
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 158
  • pulled.jpg
    pulled.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 159
Oh they'll do!! Thanks for the reminder me to put on butt on the smoker Joe. It's been a while.

Nice looking butts mate, What race?

Joe, those butts look fantastic!!
Did the cross scoring increase the bark? Curious.

Great looking butts. No doubt that you are the favorite son-in-law (regardless of whether or not you are the only one).

The cross hatch idea is interesting. I use it on bologna to keep it from splitting. On a butt do you get more bark... cause that's what I'm looking for...

Back