MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #151
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

The Big Guns are coming to town and have a target!!!!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by Sledneck; 01-09-2015 at 06:58 AM..
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #152
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
All this east coast smack talk is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside!
You won't be laughing when you see the initiation hazing we have planned for you, BBS.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #153
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
You won't be laughing when you see the initiation hazing we have planned for you, BBS.

When will you stop with that tickle party using your silly, hot pink feather ?

It's creepy...especially when your all dressed in black with skeleton's with rubber gloves on.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 04-09-2011 at 08:49 PM..
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #154
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
When will you stop with that tickle party using your silly, hot pink feather ?

It's creepy...especially when your all dressed in black with skeleton's with rubber gloves on.
I am so glad we're not doing the "sex in, sex out" anymore! Please ask Yak to leave the shorts home

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #155
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:

I am scurred!

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #156
CBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
sorry.. my bad.. my brain had most of the NE guys going to Mainly Maine already. We got on the calender late. Come on down. I'll even give u some pointers. :)
Hey, if you can keep iQue from going to Maine, even better.

Hopefully next year the comps won't be the same weekend, I would have gone for sure if I wasn't already in Maine. I still expect an Easy Bake Oven cook off, though.
KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #157
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I'll see your wandering junkie and see you a Jesus walking on the flames from a knocked over WSM and one topless (female) senior citizen.

Correction, you won your own MEMORIAL award.
Thank God I never got to see her!!! Eye bleach was not broken out!
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #158
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
The Sledneck Memorial 13th place chicken award will also include some cash this year along with the award!!!!

I would like to contribute $13.00 to the cash prize for 13th place chicken. Can I give it to you onsite?

Would anyone else like to join me?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #159
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoeric View Post
I would like to contribute $13.00 to the cash prize for 13th place chicken. Can I give it to you onsite?

Would anyone else like to join me?

Eric
I'm in! I'm hoping to make the most of my last contest on Long Island. For those few who remember my first contest ever, I was thinking of bringing the La Caja China and cooking a whole pig for Saturday dinner ala Grill Kings! Whatcha think?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #160
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I'm in! I'm hoping to make the most of my last contest on Long Island. For those few who remember my first contest ever, I was thinking of bringing the La Caja China and cooking a whole pig for Saturday dinner ala Grill Kings! Whatcha think?
That would be very cool.

Maybe we can make a themed party out of it. Cuban or island food and drinks.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #161
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
How could we we forget?? It was my first contest as well. I remember seeing your team all matching and thought to myself, how fruity are these guys?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by Sledneck; 01-09-2015 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #162
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoeric View Post
That would be very cool.

Maybe we can make a themed party out of it. Cuban or island food and drinks.

Eric
That would be even fruitier than the picture above

Old 06-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #163
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
How could we we forget?? It was my first contest as well. I remember seeing your team all matching and thought to myself, how fruity are these guys?
I didn't realize they were cooking and didn't meet SIDE until the next contest.

I just thought they were half-rate promotional guys for the clothing company hanging around the event to get the brand in front of a large group of people.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #164
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Quote:

Hmmmm...looks like the newest "boy" band.

And Sean, shorts are coming, just for you! Nahhh...probably leave them at home....
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #165
cmcadams

I'm going to try to get a cheap flight out there (it's a 12 hour drive, no thanks!)... Anyone want a site slug for the weekend? That means I sit aournd your site, eating your food, drinking your beer and telling bad jokes.

Livefire Whisky

CBJ, some comps, a few awards, Certified Artisan Steak Taster.

XL Big Green Egg, Bubba Keg Convection Grill, Weber Kettle, Charbroil Infrared and mad livefire cooking skillz! :)
cmcadams is offline   Reply With Quote