Hello from Sacramento!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey everyone-

I guess I forgot to come in and do my cattle call post. Oops. ;-)

I live in the Sacramento, California area. I've been using a gas grill for about 15 years, and have done everything in it from grilling to offset cooking roasts to smoking ribs (ribs on top rack, water pan on main grate, foil-wrapped hickory next to the water pan, temp above ribs held at about 250).

I recently picked up a Brinkmann Smoke 'n Grill to try my hand at smoking. I haven't been too impressed with the amount of attention the fire demands, as well as the amount of coals it goes through. I'm ready to try something else.

I'm now in the process of planning a UDS, and have been posting in the main UDS thread about it. I hear nothing but good things about a UDS, and I'm just hoping there's more to it than a bandwagon mentality. ;-) I can't wait to get mine together and see for myself!

Finally, I wanted to say that I really like the laid-back, low-ego atmosphere around here. It's really refreshing.

See you all on the forums...

-Rodney

Welcome to the Brethren. UDS are pretty good

Welcome to the camp,
Rodney.
Stroll around the grounds until your feel at home,
Enjoy.

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome from cajun country and you will enjoy becoming a drum head. :biggrin:

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Have fun with the UDS! They are great cookers. As for the SnP, check around for some modifications and ways to seal both the fire box and cooking area. It makes a huge difference...

Welcome to the insanity!:cool: The UDS is a good cooker, you can be sure of that. Just give yourself a chance to learn how to use it properly and you'll love it.

Welcome from the Bay Area! Build that UDS you'll love it. I built one in 2008 and have really enjoyed it.
Just make sure you get an unlined drum if you can as sanding/grinding that liner out is a major PITA!
Good luck.

Welcome, Rodney! You'll have fun with your UDS - please post pics of your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back