American Royal Q&A

B

Bud's BBQ

If you haven't been to the Royal before, and have a question post it here. There are a lot of members that have been going for years and have a wealth of information I'm sure they will be happy to share. That should put all of the info, that may help others.

Jorge
--------------------------------------------------

Smokin Scotsmen are in spot 868 for both.

Can anyone estimate the approx. distance from turn in tent to our spot?

Looking forward to meeting all the Brethren who participate!!

walt and tonto

Last edited by a moderator:

walt and tonto

Pretty easy walk. I'd guess 2 city blocks.

walt and tonto

632.12ft or 192.67meters or 210.71 yards or .12 Miles.
Give or take, but that should be close.

Pretty easy walk. I'd guess 2 city blocks.

BBQ_Mayor said:
632.12ft or 192.67meters or 210.71 yards or .12 Miles.
Give or take, but that should be close.

Plowboy said:
I think it is FT for the MI mainland and Meters for the UP. :lol: What is .12 miles in kilometers?

:lol: Thanks guys!! Now if you can factor in the crowds and foot traffic for me and let me know how long it will take to get there......I'd really apprciate it....:shock::lol:

Really looking forward to seeing you all. Oh, and .12 miles = 0.19312128 kilometers......:p

I'm working on a way to fly in and do the invitational, depending on what happens with the Jack draw. I assume it would be ok to cook the invitational in another teams spot as long as that team is only doing the open?

I'm working on a way to fly in and do the invitational, depending on what happens with the Jack draw. I assume it would be ok to cook the invitational in another teams spot as long as that team is only doing the open?

Don't know if that would be "league" or not.

If it is, we are only doing the open. I'll talk with the rest of the guys, but as far as I'm concerned you welcome to cook in our site. What say you Shotgun?

I know that it has been done before. You can't wait until after the Jack draw to decide though. Your ARI app has to be in before 1 Sept.

We have cooked right around there for the past couple years. What has worked for us is to target closing our entry box right when the window opens.

I know that it has been done before. You can't wait until after the Jack draw to decide though. Your ARI app has to be in before 1 Sept.

Yep, sending it in tomorrow just to be safe.

So looking at the map, exactly where is the turn-in area?

right above 667 on the map (it says drop off to the right of judging) - I'm estimating that to be a 30 yard walk for us - 10 yards outdoor, 20 yards indoors - sound about right Andy?

We have cooked right around there for the past couple years. What has worked for us is to target closing our entry box right when the window opens.

Thanks much Chris for the insight!

So looking at the map, exactly where is the turn-in area?

Not very far from you. You got a sweet spot. Just cross the street to the AMR building and walk down the hall about 3/4 of the way. Easy turn in from where you are at.

KC Bobby nailed it.... I am thinking 30 yards total is accurate. :)

I plan on dropping Wednesday after work. I want the tongue next to Andy's spot, so I hope to beat him there and be out of his way before he gets his rig in.

I plan on dropping Wednesday after work. I want the tongue next to Andy's spot, so I hope to beat him there and be out of his way before he gets his rig in.

Andy will be dropping it of on Wed. too. I'm sure you guys can figure it out so it all works well. We're not sure how we will be setting up our site yet. But I want to block the street with either our camper or Gator's.

Back