MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #16
Gimmethecash
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Steven

My cooking area isn’t covered and I have a car & two motorcycles taking up all the space in my garage, so I have to keep covers on most of my smokers and grills for the three or so times it rains here every “winter”. Plus I’m going to have to get up before 9AM Saturday to smoke a rib roast and it will be over 80* here. Boo hoo.
Otto Wilde OFB
Cookshack Amerique
2 x Sous Vide Supreme
Minipack MV31X
Gimmethecash is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 11-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #17
homesmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Last weekend almost brought the world to an end. While getting ready to provide for my family's food needs for the LSU-Bama game, the unimaginable happened.

I turned on the valve of the 20lb. propane bottle, grabbed the self-ignition button on the 3000 degree weed burner, and nothing. Nothing. Igniter had failed. What was I to do now, as my timing was now compromised. How was I to get splits burning?

With meats prepped, and guests arriving later, my back was against the wall. I had earlier confirmed that the television signals for the game were properly being bounced off satellites, received by my 4K tv, and that the audio signal was proper on the 7.2 surround. But a cold smoker was now my nemesis.

Finally, while dispensing ice from the ice maker, it dawned on me that to resolve this catastrophe, I was going to have to go to an old school solution.

So I used an electric match, to light the weed burner, to light the smoker, to cook the meat.
Whew, problem solved. Old school "electric match" saved the day.

Geaux Tigers.

Edit: Using my laptop, I researched a replacement ignitor, ordered it online, paid with a card, and got an email confirming delivery will be Tuesday. What has the world come to? Crap, no 2nd day delivery? Unacceptable.

Last edited by homesmoke; 11-15-2019 at 06:16 PM..
homesmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #18
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

AT&T U-verse got into a p1ssing contest with the NFL and I have been without the Redzone channel all season because I have been too busy/lazy to switch to Xfinity. Redzone and smoking/grilling on the patio has been a Sunday staple for years. Now I have to watch network programming like poor people

Primo Oval XL, BPS drum, Weber gasser
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #19
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

It’s 32° and the pooper is burning a few more pellets per hour !!!

#ohthehumanity

Old Oklahoma Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Jumbo Smokey Joe
Weber Classic Premium (Jessi)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
GMG Daniel Boone

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #20
BuffettFan
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

Me to Mrs Fan: Are you watching Hoarders Again?!?

Mrs Fan: How many smokers do you have?

Me: 3, why?

Her: How many Webers do you have?

Me, thinking she's gonna want me to cook a bunch of something: 4, why.... HEY!

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #21
Whisky
Full Fledged Farker

It was about -33F wind chills this morning when i was shovelling out the Yoder..in shorts. Had to finish the butt in the oven as I was about to run out of pellets due to higher then normal pellet consumption. Bad inventory management on my part.
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote