***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Home Cured & Smoked" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Home Cured & Smoked" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Home Cured & Smoked"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 10/15.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1422820_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]Phubar[/size]
1425302_Phubar.jpg

[size=+2]MadCityJim[/size]
1426586_MadCityJim.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1426619_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]thirdeye[/size]
1426705_thirdeye.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1427109_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]Big T BBQ[/size]
1427159_Big_T_BBQ.jpg

[size=+2]BigButzBBQ[/size]
1427402_BigButzBBQ.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm. Salmon, trout? Trout, salmon? Decisions decisions.
Even though trout is a personal favorite (and the very first fish I ever caught at the age of 4) I simply could not stop drooling at the salmon presentation.

Tough time making a decision. Wish I could vote for two. I voted for ecode but also wanted to vote for bluetang. That was a toss up for me.

Tough one but had to go with the "Big Chief's" (lol) trout..nice and simple, be great with a piece of homemade bread!

That was tough. When I factored all of the entries by yummy power, I was caught between 3, and managed to get those narrowed down to 2 after careful consideration. So then I went back and divided them up by how perfectly cured and cooked they looked. That didn't help much, in fact I was torn between most all of them. Finally, I decided to make the entire thing a function of how great a photo it was, and I managed to get two fantastic photos out of that which focused on the smoked/cured meat yet were otherwise still beautiful photos. I compared the 3 lists and found the winner right there.

This is not going to be an easy one to decide...so many great entries! :confused:

This one was tough They all look awesome but Thirdeye's salmon was too good to pass up

OctoberFishing061a.jpg

Thanks man...., and I am usually posting my smoked salmon pictures, but those fillets were fresh caught rainbow trout from last Thursday. I'm glad to report that today, the bite is still on. :thumb:​

I wish I had more than one vote. Ecode and Thirdeye raised the bar yet again. Mad City Jim put together an extraordinary entry. But Bluey just nailed with with 4 unbelieveable cured meats!

Just brilliant!

Cheers!

Bill

Wow everything looks great, I miss these!! I'll have some more time soon!!

Back