SoCal Bash Saturday Sept 21! Head count starts HERE. Post if you are coming! ALL Brethren Welocme!

I can throw in a Jumbo Joe and my little "Tailgater" Santa Maria pit (I think it's 10"x12") easily enough.
I always have bags of RO, Kingsford Competition Briquettes, and California Hotwood on hand along with Oak and Mesquite chunks...
I'll bring a case or so of a variety of beers on ice along with some soda pop.
Let me know if I should bring either/both of these grills.......

I know they don't have much capacity, but every little bit helps.

Let me know if I should bring either/both of these grills.......

I know they don't have much capacity, but every little bit helps.

Icbateman just stepped in with a slew of larger grills and smokers, so we're good to go now!

OK, here's the updated list, plus what everyone will be cooking/bringing:

Moose +1: Roadside Chicken + 3 sides + table
gtr: Pulled pork, slaw, sausage, table, cambro, charcoal
Big Mista: Brisket
Enkidu+3: Dessert + ABT's
Caseydog +1: Beer + Charcoal & Caprese Salad
Smokin John: Mac & Cheese + UDS
SoCalWJS +1: Dessert & Beverages

Icbateman +1: Wings & Cookers

Maybe:

Silverfinger +1: Beverages

At this point, we have enough sides to feed a small army, so I'm asking The Missus to nix two of her sides. As it stands we'll still have way more than enough.

We still do not have anyone doing ribs...any takers?

Also, we need eating utensils, napkins, and paper plates.

Am I forgetting anything?

Count me in for utensils, plates and napkins - I have all that stuff ready to go. :thumb:

I'll bring along a cutting board and some knives. Should I bring some foil pans?

Count me in for utensils, plates and napkins - I have all that stuff ready to go. :thumb:

I'll bring along a cutting board and some knives. Should I bring some foil pans?

Awesome, Greg. Yes, some foil pans would be great, too!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Also, we need ice, although we're good to go on coolers.

Hey Brethren! A little bird tell's me your host , a fine young man named Major Brunk, is celebrating his birthday TODAY. I huge big UP to Major on his 55th bday today. I wish I could be there to toast with all of you. Please be sure to wish Major a congrats and many more to come.

Chip ( he and I graduated from the same high school in 1976)

This just in - the woodpile has just been restocked:

Hey, just back from dealing with my Dad in NJ. The wife and I are taking off for Santa Barbara tomorrow for 3 days. I told her about the bash. She doesn't think she'll be able to make it but says I can go if I want to. I wish I could cook something, but don't think that'll happen. I can bring 1 or 2 two packs of K blue, if you still need it. I might be able to whip up a desert also, not sure on that. Ice? PM me with the address and I'll see you around 2 or 3 on Sat. I won't be online after today until Friday night. Looking forward to meet some more Brethren.

Hey, just back from dealing with my Dad in NJ. The wife and I are taking off for Santa Barbara tomorrow for 3 days. I told her about the bash. She doesn't think she'll be able to make it but says I can go if I want to. I wish I could cook something, but don't think that'll happen. I can bring 1 or 2 two packs of K blue, if you still need it. I might be able to whip up a desert also, not sure on that. Ice? PM me with the address and I'll see you around 2 or 3 on Sat. I won't be online after today until Friday night. Looking forward to meet some more Brethren.

We'll take you in any amount or form we can get ya brother. Really stoked to see you'll be joining us! :clap2:

Update on my mac and cheese:

I did a test cook tonight (in preparation for the bash).

Change the recipe by cutting the amount of panko bread crumbs in half.

Mrs Sj and my son left a scoop for me to eat after I turned my back. Think I got to send them away for a week otherwise there will be none for the Brethren.

And as for my preparations - made some kielbasa on Sunday for the bash - turned out really good! Also made some hot links which will be taking the form of fatties due to casings tearing and whatnot.

I think I will be using Perfect Pork rub for the pork butt. There's gonna be a feller there who I'm guessing likes that stuff. :hungry: I'll do the fatties with Big Poppa, SM, and The Rub Company so the SoCal rub makers can represent. :thumb:

Wait a minnit!

We are having brisket, fatties, abts, ribs, pulled pork, and roadside chicken?

Fark me sideways! I'm bringing a second stomach.....

Wait a minnit!

We are having brisket, fatties, abts, ribs, pulled pork, and roadside chicken?

Yes! :thumb:

But there will also be sausage, wings, beans, chips and homemade salsas, salad, mozzarella caprese, and two desserts and beer and other adult beverages...and probably stuff I forgot to mention, or that we don't even know about yet. And don't forget the Mac n Cheese! :rolleyes:

A third stomach should be about right for this bash.

Back