Need Help with ideas for TV Morning show

Gary in Va

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok... so the TV anchor lady emails me and asks me to do the morning show AGAIN. But I need ideas. She is asking for Superbowl BBQ

now, there is a range of things I can do, I know... but here is what I am dealing with.

I have already done Wings, and ABTs on one show... Steaks and ribs on another... so I don't want to repeat myself.

It is a 2 hour long morning show in which I get FOUR 2 minute time slots.

Also, I am cooking on a 22" Weber Kettle (showing that anyone with or without a smoker can do this) or, I have also brought the WSM along too when I did the ABTs.

When I did ribs, I started 2 racks just after Midnight the night before and foiled them and put them in the cooler just before leaving for the station. After showing how to prep ribs and rub them and threw the raw ones on, the camera went off and I threw on a rack that was almost done and went from there... so, this type of doing them ahead is an option, just more work for me.

So... if anyone has any ideas as to what I might cook in the parameters mentioned above... lets hear it. Remember it is supposed to be SUPERBOWL BBQ.....

Thanks
Gary

Fattie sandwiches, lamb chop meatsicles, MOINK balls, mac and cheese bites, meat on a stick?

When I think of Superbowl food first and foremost I think of chili. Dont know how you could BBQ that on tv though, maybe pulled pork or brisket chili? How about some MOINK balls? Pizza??

a. Pork Steaks
b. Tri Tip
c. Sliced Ribeye sandwiches
d. Spam
e. Fattie
f. spatchcock chicken

I like Landarc's suggestion of meat on a stick. Fajitas would also work for some eye candy.

How about something like chicken on a rotissarie. Folks love watching a critter turn. Weber makes an adapter ring and rotiss unit for the kettle.

Ok... so the TV anchor lady emails me and asks me to do the morning show AGAIN. But I need ideas. She is asking for Superbowl BBQ

now, there is a range of things I can do, I know... but here is what I am dealing with.

I have already done Wings, and ABTs on one show... Steaks and ribs on another... so I don't want to repeat myself.

It is a 2 hour long morning show in which I get FOUR 2 minute time slots.

Also, I am cooking on a 22" Weber Kettle (showing that anyone with or without a smoker can do this) or, I have also brought the WSM along too when I did the ABTs.

When I did ribs, I started 2 racks just after Midnight the night before and foiled them and put them in the cooler just before leaving for the station. After showing how to prep ribs and rub them and threw the raw ones on, the camera went off and I threw on a rack that was almost done and went from there... so, this type of doing them ahead is an option, just more work for me.

So... if anyone has any ideas as to what I might cook in the parameters mentioned above... lets hear it. Remember it is supposed to be SUPERBOWL BBQ.....

Thanks
Gary

Fattie shaped like a football.
Moinks
Spatchcocked Chook
Grilled Chincoteaugue Oysters in the shell

It sounds to me that the way you are showing it eliminates embarrassing errors. You KNOW what it's going to look like when it's done.

Good luck,

Dave

Fatties - Beer Can Chicken - Chuckie

Is it the day of the Super Bowl? If not, use one 2 minute segment for smoking cheese. When I think Super Bowl, I think big get togethers to watch the game which generally means lots of snacks.

Your best bet would be Bacon Explosion or the bacon lattice on a fattie.
I would look at doing rib tips.
The problem is that you will only have about 1.5 hrs to cook if you want to use what you make on the set. Not a lot of what we make is done in that time.
Another thought is to take left over smoked meat and make chili.

mix your rub of choice in with hamburger for patties, throw on smoker for an hour chop up for adding to chili and heat your Chili on your weber... I did this 2 guys ate almost the whole pot I got 1 frickin bowl gonna do a stock pot full this weekend.

Violated Chicken... uh...I mean Beer-Butt-chicken. Fairly simple, looks good and tastes great.

Smoke a pork butt,which can be done earlier, then show all the things that can be made from it like Nachos, Chili, Samies with slaw.

Fatties using beef stuffed with mushrooms and blue cheese of course wrapped in bacon. When finished to perfection sliced about an 1.5" thick put on a bun for burgers served with Skidders taters that can be done on the Weber also............just sayin....

I like Leanzas' Idea of turning food. Oysters too!

Shred a pork butt, pile slaw high on a bun, maybe with a Carolina style sauce.

CocaCola marinated skirt steak, onion, red and green bell peppers sliced on tortilla for fajitas. But top it with sour cream and a salsa fresca (diced tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, lemon juice). Just don't say BAM!, Emeril might beat you down! Good luck!

Simple Chili in a DO with Hamburger, Onions, Chilis, tomato(e)s, seasoning and liquid (beer/sauce/paste/"secret ingredients").
DEFINTELY TriTip as many areas/people still don't know about it.
MOINKS
Fatties
Wings (different like Shiracha/sweet)

Back