• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hey all you Mini Smoker Joe's! My Mini can run circles around your Mini!!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With the soon to be patented "swamprb Mini Rotisserie Ring"!

IMG_4359.jpg

I came across a few steel unlined 15 gallon lube barrels that had plastic bladders in them, was going to go LARGE on a Smokey Joe, but the wimpy legs are going to need reinforcement or modding to handle the height/weight, so I came up with this instead.

Cut the top third of a drum off below the rib.

IMG_4365.jpg

Drilled a couple 1/2" holes and made U cutouts for the spit rod. Crimped the bottom for a snug fit.

IMG_4361.jpg

Riveted a Cajun Bandit motor mount on one side.

IMG_4362.jpg

And put this Bad Boy to work!

IMG_4361.jpg

Teriyaki marinated Pork Tenderloin with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin!

Indirect heat, Lazarri Mesquite lump and Almond for smoke.

IMG_4364.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

Gave it a quick sear to finish

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

Perfection!

IMG_4373.jpg

I've got a couple Game Hens thawing and a whole Chicken awaiting "their turn"!

Top that!

Awesome! If I was going to build a mini with a silver smokey Joe do you use charcoal grate or just dump charcoal in bowl? Or is the Gold just a better option?

Awesome! If I was going to build a mini with a silver smokey Joe do you use charcoal grate or just dump charcoal in bowl? Or is the Gold just a better option?

IMHO it all depends what type of cook you are trying to achieve. I've used both, this setup is a prototype from Cajun Bandit with a steel charcoal ring, SJS bottom vent.

IMG_2795.jpg

I rarely do low n slow cooks on this Mini, its my reverse sear machine, but I have another that is geared for low temp cooks that I patterned after the SJG.

IMG_2806.jpg

Ash accumulation can clog the vents of an SJS, so I used chrome hole plugs to cover the bottom vent, and drilled three 3/4" holes where the SJG vents would be located. My Mini UDS was the inspiration and I am very happy with the results. I use the same magnets to regulate the intake.

IMG_3511.jpg

Used expando to make a charcoal ring.

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

Your mileage may vary.

looks tasty swam. how about i swing by your work and pick up a sample?

looks tasty swam. how about i swing by your work and pick up a sample?

Homeland Security was notified the last time you swung by, besides I'm working the Graveyard shift now! You do have my # though!

Back