Creekstone Farms

little bit of r & r

Knows what a fatty is.
I placed an order last week for 2 16-18lb briskets and when they came on friday the cooler on the inside was busted and the bottom was just about out and all the ice packets had melted leaving the briskets hot. I received them after creekstone had closed so I had to wait until monday morning they were the first call I made that day because I neeeded briskets for this weekend for riverfest. I told courtney what had happened and she told me to send pics of the cooler and briskets because one had started to turn black. She promptly sent 2 more briskets making it good with no charge. They look real nice never cooked one from them before but with the customer service if they cook good I would definately order from them again.

Best brisket I have ever seen. Back to back National Brisket Champion (Chest to Chest) Andy Gronemen (Smoke on Wheels) uses them and they rock!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

The first time I used Creekstone, I won 1st place brisket (40 teams). I know they are expensive, so I just cook one, and now I keep a better eye on it.

Great to hear that they made good on it. That says a lot for Creekstone.

How do their Prime briskets stand up to a Wagyu such as SRF or Strube?

Not sure how they taste but they looked very good a little thinner than I would like but for the time of year I am happy with them I can tell you after this weekend how they stack up against 80 teams with probably 30 of the teams cooking wagyu

I've cooked about every kind of Brisket out there except for Creekstone. Gonna try my first one this weekend. Only thing that concerns me is I didn't get to age this one but a week and since they pull fresh from the line, this one is only going to have about 2-3 weeks on it. We will see what happens.

I haven't cooked one but have thought about trying them out. For those of you who are cooking them are the Prime worth the extra money or are you happy with the Choice for the price?

Both prime and their master chef choice are good products. Honestly... primes are better and probably worth it

I have been very happy with both the products and service from Creekstone, I had a few issues with quality but they always made it right. Cooking one this weekend in Decatur

When I went Franklins BBQ in Austin the other day, I saw some people taking their to-go orders in white Creekstone boxes w/black lettering. His brisket is AWESOME BTW.

in viewing there sight the only "Prime" meat is brisket

isn't it odd that only there briskets are prime grade?

How do their Prime briskets stand up to a Wagyu such as SRF or Strube?

We've been cooking CS Primes most of this season. This past weekend we actually cooked a SRF waygu and a CS prime the exact same way. The prime went in the box. This isn't the first time this has happened. We've also done them against Strube and they stand up great.

Beautiful briskets, those prime Creekstones are. And their customer service is top notch. We had a similar thing happen to us a month or so ago. When the package arrived, the icepacks were melted and the brisket was warm. Called them right away and they next day'd another MONSTER brisket right away, no charge. Also had an instance where the meat packer had put a nice gash in the flat while butchering. We didn't know until we opened the brisket at the comp, but on Monday, Jimmy called to let them know and 2 days later.....another free brisket shows up.

Can't ask for better than that! :thumb:

I have never paid extra for shipping. Originally they shipped my briskets frozen and sent them FedEx 2 day. Most of the times they got here overnight with that service. The last couple I have ordered they shipped cold, not frozen and sent them overnight, which arrived overnight.

That has been my experience. Might be worth a call if you are concerned, but I have no worries over shipping with them. I had one brisket with a tear in the cryovac and they replaced it no questions asked when I sent them some pics. The service has been great.

Back