MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Louisiana Smoker
Full Fledged Farker

Default My UDS cart

The UDS cart SmokerKing crafted was the inspiration behind my cart. It is not finished as I need to purchase the umbrella, cigar holder, install the hood ornament and make a stand for the temperature probes. That being said, this is pretty darn close to being done. But then again, is anything ever completely done?

The plan is to make three more carts and UDS' They will be Christmas presents for 2011. My sister will have a western motiff, my dad will have a Texas theme and my daughter's will have a Jeep theme. Other ideas are: an airplane with wings for the stand and wheel covers from a Cesna, hunting with camo and a few decoys attached, and a football theme for my friend that is a college football coach. If you have any comments or suggestions please let me know.

SmokerKing, thanks for your time and assistance throughout the process

The semi finished product:

The hood minus the hood ornament

Louisiana Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

SWEET!! Nice ride.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Very nice. I see the bracket in the back but how does it hold the drum on? Also, is there a functional purpost the where the handle attaches to the front wheel? Like does it apply a brake when it is up or something?
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Louisiana Smoker
Full Fledged Farker

I need to weld some tabs on the UDS and then bolt it on the cart. Sorry I left that part off. The handle is only a handle. The original idea was to purchase wheels with a break but since I do not have any concrete in my back yard, it wont roll on the grass or dirt.
Louisiana Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Ah, well very cool regardless. You might want to get a bigger thermometer though. That one only has an effective viewing distance of 50-75yds
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Dang nice cart! Sweet paint job too!

SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->