Rotisserie Butt Again, Pulled Pork In 5 Hours

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Second one I have done on the Rotisserie and it is just really good. This was a Farmer Johns brand, 1st time trying one. It was not as fatty as I prefer and the meat was on the darker side like a Picnic but still good.

No pron of the Pulled, you will just have to believe me it was good, only had enough left for a few more sandwiches out of 12 people served tonight.

I picked up a new Rotisserie motor, what a difference from the old CharGriller motor I had, this thing turned a 8lb Butt round and round effortlessly.

Picture060-2.jpg

2 Hours into cook.

Picture069-1.jpg

Picture066.jpg

At 4 hours 173º and ready to wrap in foil, temp at 203º 1 hour later.

Picture075-1.jpg

I will do the next one with a few coals around the sides and less on each end, like the 1st time.

Hope it gets your taste buds attention. :wink:

What motor did you get? I have a chargriller and have wanted one, but don't want to waste money on something inadequate. Also, I assume you can remove the the spit when you don't need it?

Nice roto butt Terry. I love mine for chickens and turkeys. I'll have to try a butt and some beef too.

What motor did you get? I have a chargriller and have wanted one, but don't want to waste money on something inadequate. Also, I assume you can remove the the spit when you don't need it?

Thanks! The difference between units was that the better ones have stronger motors and metal gears compared to plastic.

This one is a commercial grade from Napoleon Gourmet Grills $45.00 and worth every penny. http://napoleongrills.com/Accessories/rotisserie.html

On their Website they have a where to buy link.

Model # 64035

You can remove the spit but the brackets stay in place. I am not sure if any bracket will fit the CG'r. I am sure they could be modified but if you had just the bracket from CG the new motor slides right on.

I always thought the bone would get in the way of skewering the pork. I will have to try that someday.

Back