MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
stanimals2
Full Fledged Farker

Default Wow now that's some wind

The wind is literally rocking my smoker side to side ! Not sure what the gust at but might be interesting getting this chuckie done !!!! At least it's warm anyway, till the cold front comes through tonight its in the high 40's now but low teens to single digits by morning so I will brave the wind today !! Woo hoo hang on could be a rough one !
stanimals2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
N8man
Babbling Farker

hunker down and good luck with your cook....

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanimals2 View Post
The wind is literally rocking my smoker side to side ! Not sure what the gust at but might be interesting getting this chuckie done !!!! At least it's warm anyway, till the cold front comes through tonight its in the high 40's now but low teens to single digits by morning so I will brave the wind today !! Woo hoo hang on could be a rough one !
Maybe you could invent "storm tie-downs" for smokers.... LOL

Hope your chuckie turns out great.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Beef
Full Fledged Farker

So I have to be honest. When I read your post, I kinda' thought, 'ya windy whatever'.

Well, here in Southern Wisconsin at 10:00 pm, the wind picked up and is like I have never seen or heard before. I have a very large Isokern fireplace and with a 12 inch flue, I heard the wind playing my chimney like a jug band! Then while we were watching a movie, the pressures outside actually lifted and banged my flue which is cast iron.

Wow is it windy.

Hope the Chuckie turned out and the smoker did not succumb to the wind

Thanks for posting!
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

It was windy here in Central Indiana as well....still is actually...Hope all turned out well with The Chuckie !!
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Wolverine
is one Smokin' Farker

otta power, we should build a fence along the north border, cause thats where the cold air comes from, looks like i got to cook outside anyway, looks like weeners, lol
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote