1st ABTs/dragon tails (w/pr0n!)

S

steev-o

Having the BILs over for game 1 of the canucks/blowhawks series (GO NUCKS!!!). Decided to try ABTs for the first time, and it's only the 2nd time i've used my UDS. (1st was 2 butts last weekend...YUM!) Filled the japs w/ herb&garlic philly, a little crumbled bacon, a little red onion& garlic puree'd up, some "black magic seasoning" and some grated sharp cheddar.
These look like they're gonna rawk...
chugging along:
33jsh9f.jpg

ABT prep:
9qgvfk.jpg

nmhgus.jpg

dragon tail ingreds:
xlxp5l.jpg

More to come!!!
And a big THANKS to everyone for providing a wealth of info on this site! You guys are the best!
Steve

good looking beginnings. send a couple this way.

I love ABT's, but they're a lot of work. I did 100 last weekend and I don't think I'll need to make any more for awhile.

Those look good!

Cheers,
Braddog

Looking good. I have not made abt's in a while. BTW go Hawks!:boxing:

2-0 nucks! End of the first.

Ah, Dude!!! I'm liking the sound of them dragon tails!! You better show us how those turned out. I think I know where you are going with em!! Looking good. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

this is the only pic I got, before they were promptly snarfed. both were a hit. ABTs are a little burpy, but worth it all the way. Ya gotta try dragon tails, though.
214mpy.jpg

Hey Vince B..... tough night for you, eh? lol...!!GO CANUCKS GO!!
Cheers!

Looks good steev-o
nix the toothpicks by putting the ends of the bacon down first..

Dragon tails?

Toss strips of your fave bacon in your fave rub, roll up (not tight on itself, allow each wrap to 1/2 cover the one before it, so you get some length), stick w/toothpick, squirt w/sriracha (to taste, if you like heat goop it on! otherwise a thin bead will do)
smoke till done, about 1.5hr @225-240. you can overcook these and they just get tastier IMO!
Crispy spicy bacon FTW!

They look great! what's all that green stuff behind your UDS?

that would be my overgrown lawn. hate mowing the lawn. fark. can't seem to convince the wife to do it, either... :rolleyes:

thanks for the kudos, everyone!
@ Vince B: thanks, and good luck to you!

that would be my overgrown lawn. hate mowing the lawn. fark. can't seem to convince the wife to do it, either... :rolleyes:

thanks for the kudos, everyone!
@ Vince B: thanks, and good luck to you!

Got a deal with my son... he wants to eat, he mows:thumb:

Back