Sweet Heat Pear Pepper Sauced Shrimp

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I got to try some sweet heat pear pepper sauce that Phubar sent to me not long ago. It was great!
Used some of my homegrown shrimp...also made some bacon wrapped and raspberry jalapeno shrimp.

Phubar's Sweet Heat Pear Pepper sauce...

005-6-1-1-1.jpg

I smoked the shrimp in my drum with some olive wood...

019-6-1.jpg

The raspberry jalapeno shrimp, Phubar's Sweet Heat Pear Pepper shrimp (on the skewers) and the bacon wrapped olive smoked shrimp.

039-3-1.jpg

The Sweet Heat Pear Pepper sauced shrimp...

052-4-1.jpg

The Raspberry Jalapeno sauced shrimp..

034-3-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

046-3-1.jpg

It was sooo tasty.. Hot and sweet at the same time. Thank you again for the sauce Phubar, it's a winner!!

Thanks for looking!

Dang Cowgirl! Mebby I should just quit now.:wink:

:cry:...You bring tears to my eyes Jeaniusz!
Looks way too good!
Man...I'd do anything for a sample...
Did you marinade the shrimp?

:eusa_clap

"Used some of my homegrown shrimp..." you really grow your own shrimp? are they like a radish and grow underground? or like peppers? either way very nice eats.

Thank you Aquablue, Guerry and Phubar!
Phubar, your pear sauce is wonderful!!
I didn't marinade them with your sauce, just brushed it on while smoking..then added a bit more at the end. It was great.. sweet and hot at the same time. Thanks again for the sauce!

Thank you Pork Smoker!

"Used some of my homegrown shrimp..." you really grow your own shrimp? are they like a radish and grow underground? or like peppers? either way very nice eats.

I do raise my own shrimp... and they are tasty little buggers. :-D

jeanie all of it looks fantastic. Seems that you and Phu are quite the culinary team. You 2 should put together a book and put Steve Raichlen out of business!

No problem.:cool:

The sauce is meant for glazing,I was just curious if you marinaded the shrimps or just sprinkled a bit of salt/pepper before you put it on the grill.

BBQGrail suggested a while back that you probably can eat the sauce with some icecream.
Haven't tried it out yet,must taste good but his was less spicy.
Maybe I'll try it out for dessert tonight....with some roasted nuts and a bit of raisins....think it'll taste very good if the sauce is warmed up next to the cold icecream.

I do raise my own shrimp... and they are tasty little buggers. :-D[/QUOTE]

How does that work? I'm very curious. How long have been rasing them?

Thank you Redheart and Phu!

Phubar, I did soak the shrimp in some salt water before smoking. I dipped some of the whole shrimp in the raspberry jalapeno sauce before smoking too.. but waited until the skewered shrimp were smoking awhile before brushing with your pear sauce.
Love the sauce Phubar... it's a winner! :-D

I do raise my own shrimp... and they are tasty little buggers. :-D

How does that work? I'm very curious. How long have been rasing them?[/QUOTE]

BlkJeep, I stock my little pond with juvenile shrimp in the spring and harvest the grown shrimp in the fall..
I sent a link to you from my blog showing the pics. They are easy keepers, less trouble than my cows.:-D

good heavens, Jeanie! Wow, wonderful looking food! And home raised shrimp to boot!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Great looking shrimp. You put Red Lobster to shame with your "Shrimp Platter ala Jeanie".

Back